ACC Baseball Tournament

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure which member this “message board” asked me to cite specific reasons why I said GT has a terrible fan base. But with that being said, let me be the first to congratulate all of the players that received accolades from the ACC earlier today. Since the aforesaid announcement, this board continues to be obsessed with the future of CDH, CDB and the 2025 recruiting class lol. My hope is that future potential athletes and their parents read through how the fan base feels about their own program, coaches and players before committing to the school. You all may think this banter is helpful and/or justified but in my humble opinion, it is not. I wish I would have known this forum existed four years ago.

I don't think message boards affect parents and players much.

They know what they want and Hall has a very good record at getting players drafted. To a player that is probably more important than how the team ranks. That is probably part of the reason why we continue to recruit so well while not performing on the field.
Plus the academic benefit of GT and being in ATL. Those last two will continue to help our next HC.

Here most of the posters like me care most about team performance and not who gets drafted. And Hall's teams don't perform. So I want that to change.

Killerbees🐝

Georgia Tech Fan

They know what they want and Hall has a very good record at getting players drafted. To a player that is probably more important than how the team ranks. That is probably part of the reason why we continue to recruit so well while not performing on the field.
Plus the academic benefit of GT and being in ATL. Those last two will continue to help our next HC.

Here most of the posters like me care most about team performance and not who gets drafted. And Hall's teams don't perform. So I want that to change.
Spot on here

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

NIL means that a kid can make a little money in college without going pro out of HS. Should have a better chance at getting some kids who have opted to sign pro contracts in the past. I think NIL, coaching staff, facilities, and past performance are what matters.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Committing to as school is one of the biggest decision for a student athlete and their family. Message boards can affect the way a recruit sees the school through its fan base. I am now talking from experience. This forum isn’t as bad as others, but the fan base hates the coach and are negative about the team. No recruit wants to commit to a school when they are at risk of losing the very coach that recruited them. A new coach often will brings his own players. Our attendance stinks And the facilities are decent.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Committing to as school is one of the biggest decision for a student athlete and their family. Message boards can affect the way a recruit sees the school through its fan base. I am now talking from experience. This forum isn’t as bad as others, but the fan base hates the coach and are negative about the team. No recruit wants to commit to a school when they are at risk of losing the very coach that recruited them. A new coach often will brings his own players. Our attendance stinks And the facilities are decent.

Understand. And this site is more factual than some others I used to frequent.

Season is over. Not one to remember overall but some bright spots (hitting). Next year should be better.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Generalizing... but the fanbase expects the baseball team to be better than they've been in recent years. There have been good moments & achievements. But the expectation is to be even better than that. That's a good thing... better never change. I'm convinced (every year) we'll do better than we end up finishing. The cross I bear.

Worth arguing if the expectations are reasonable.... to be competing for ACC division & overall championships. ...hosting & winning regionals. And we do argue.

I don't think you were saying this... but just in case... recruits should have plenty of good info (away from online fan forums) on how hot the coach's seat is... which correlates directly to fan sentiment. You'd know better than I... but I have to believe Ga Tech has lost some good recruits to the very fact we have an aging head coach who seems to have a ceiling.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don’t care what school it is, you go onto any fan-based website where there is an open forum and you’re not going to like what you read or see. Fans are fanatical by definition. That means they have unreasonable expectations and know more than the coaches and AD. Unless you’re team is winning at a VERY high clip every year, the complaining and grousing about the team and coaches is always going to be negative. It’s the nature of the site.

My advice is for players to have thick skin and not worry about fan sites. Parents and relatives should absolutely stay away unless they have a very objective understanding of what they’re reading and can compartmentalize the negativity.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Generalizing... but the fanbase expects the baseball team to be better than they've been in recent years. There have been good moments & achievements. But the expectation is to be even better than that. That's a good thing... better never change. I'm convinced (every year) we'll do better than we end up finishing. The cross I bear.

Worth arguing if the expectations are reasonable.... to be competing for ACC division & overall championships. ...hosting & winning regionals. And we do argue.

I don't think you were saying this... but just in case... recruits should have plenty of good info (away from online fan forums) on how hot the coach's seat is... which correlates directly to fan sentiment. You'd know better than I... but I have to believe Ga Tech has lost some good recruits to the very fact we have an aging head coach who seems to have a ceiling.
Could be true, but at the same time how many good recruits did we get to come here because that same coach has a pretty good track record of getting his guys to the next level. Gotta believe that same aging head coach is pretty well connected to the scouts across MLB.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Could be true, but at the same time how many good recruits did we get to come here because that same coach has a pretty good track record of getting his guys to the next level. Gotta believe that same aging head coach is pretty well connected to the scouts across MLB.
Absolutely. Both things are probably true. We get great players at Ga Tech. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have poked at Clemson a lot over the years... generally "underachieving" (lately) in my mind. I really don’t like Clemson baseball.

[For some reason I'm good (relatively) with their football program.]

But hats off to what they've done in 2023. They have overachieved to expectations this season & ... most critical... have SERIOUSLY improved as the season has progressed.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I have poked at Clemson a lot over the years... generally "underachieving" (lately) in my mind. I really don’t like Clemson baseball.

[For some reason I'm good (relatively) with their football program.]

But hats off to what they've done in 2023. They have overachieved to expectations this season & ... most critical... have SERIOUSLY improved as the season has progressed.

Does this mean fonts can no longer use them as an example of why we should not make a coaching change?