ACC ANNOUNCES BOWL AGREEMENTS FOR 2020-25

GTFLETCH

Banned
Link
http://theacc.com/news/2019/7/11/football-acc-announces-bowl-agreements-for-2020-25.aspx

In all, the ACC will have 10 guaranteed bowl berths every year.

WOW!!! The league will do away with its previous tier structure, lumping all of the above bowls into one pool after the Orange Bowl gets the first selection. The conference and bowl games will make the bowl selections based on “geographic proximity, avoiding repeat appearances and matchups and regular-season won-loss records.”

New tier structure: under the new agreement, an ACC team will be selected for either the Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa), Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.), or First Responder Bowl (Dallas). {Which seems to be an upgrade over Detroit and Shreveport}

ACC Bowl Lineup - 2020-2025
•CFP Selection
•Capital One Orange Bowl (Miami Gardens, Florida)
------•Outback Bowl (Tampa, Florida) – Only if the ACC’s opponent in the Capital One Orange Bowl is from the Big Ten

The ACC and bowl partners make team selections based on several factors, including geographic proximity, avoiding repeat appearances and matchups, and regular-season won-loss records.

•Belk Bowl (Charlotte, North Carolina)
•Boston Bowl game (Boston, Mass) – by ESPN Events & Fenway Sports Management
•Camping World Bowl (Orlando, Florida)
•Hyundai Sun Bowl (El Paso, Texas)
•Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman (Annapolis, Maryland)
•New Era Pinstripe Bowl (New York City)
•San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl (San Diego, California)
•TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, Florida)

ESPN Events and the following bowls will collaborate on the selection of one ACC team per year to play in only one of the three bowls listed.

•Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa, Florida)
•Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Alabama)
•SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (Dallas, Texas)

I want to see the payouts, but at first glance i like this much better.. I would give up the part time Outback slot for a Full Time slot in Nashville, but I get it..

Deleted member 2897

Well we always got passed and got left with the bottom bowl anyway, so might as well make such a possibility truly formal so nobody has to worry about breaking any rules anymore.

Not sure why a San Diego bowl gets thrown in there, much less El Paso. We don't have a school within 2,000 miles of San Diego.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well we always got passed and got left with the bottom bowl anyway, so might as well make such a possibility truly formal so nobody has to worry about breaking any rules anymore.

Not sure why a San Diego bowl gets thrown in there, much less El Paso. We don't have a school within 2,000 miles of San Diego.

You forget UCLA.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Annapolis, NYC and Boston...... No way in hell would I sit through that **** for 3 hours. Hopefully they take BC Syracuse and UVA/VT every years.
Detroit was a better option minus the date.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Annapolis, NYC and Boston...... No way in hell would I sit through that **** for 3 hours. Hopefully they take BC Syracuse and UVA/VT every years.
Detroit was a better option minus the date.

The Music City bowl was terrible to sit through. I couldn't imagine Boston.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In 22 or 23 what bowl would we need to play in for u say that cgc has us ln the right track. Remember we play 2 top factories so thats likely 2L. Anyone can pick the playoffs or orange bowl but
What's your minimum?
Orlando Camping world?