ACC 2022-2023

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UL is down by 11 at the half to Bellarmine. These home games against local private schools in early November are not supposed to be like this. WE THOUGHT 34-34 WAS BAD!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
in the era of pay for play and free agency, you will likely see a lot more "upsets" like this as P5 schools try to get new rosters to learn to play together every year. The so-called mid-majors are becoming the A and AA clubs for the AAA P5. There will always be kids / teams in the lower tier that can knock off teams in the upper tier. The jump from AAA P5 to NBA is a whole different world. No college team is beating the worst NBA team, even on their worst night

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I've embraced deep parity as part of the game today and the college basketball world makes much more sense to me because of it. The old talent hierarchies are far more tenuous these days. Lots of smaller schools are investing in good programs and there is enough talent to make them a legitimate threat on any given night.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UL is down by 11 at the half to Bellarmine. These home games against local private schools in early November are not supposed to be like this. WE THOUGHT 34-34 WAS BAD!
I was in Louisville for business last night, and I didn’t realize until I got there that I was staying next to the Yum Center. Talk about a nice arena! Wow - Louisville loves their hoops team.

While I decided against the game - it was a 9pm tip and I had an early flight - I must say it was a pretty electric atmosphere. Their fans were out in droves.

Sounds like they’re in for a rough year!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Notre Dame had to come from behind in the last minute to beat Radford last night, 79-76. Only six ND players saw action against a team picked to finish in the lower half of the Big South Conference.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame had to come from behind in the last minute to beat Radford last night, 79-76. Only six ND players saw action against a team picked to finish in the lower half of the Big South Conference.
I watched a bit of that game and Radford looked better than ND did to my fan eyes.....

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I hope our guys are paying attention to the scoreboard. The ACC is not dominating right now. FSU lost again, Miami struggled against UNCG, Pitt lost to WVU, Miami hung on at home to beat Detroit Mercy (is this a hospital employee team???), and NC State had to fight to the very end to beat Campbell. I know it's early, but the bottom half of the conference is underwhelming right now.