ACC 2022-2023

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like we get UNC on Saturday with them coming off a four game losing streak. Virginia Tech beat them by 8 today without Bacot. Virginia Tech looks solid again. I know Carolina has played some good teams, but I am kind of surprised at the way these teams have controlled the game against them. Saying that, it scares me to think what the final score will be when we play them after a week of practice for them and playing at their home. Let’s take care of UGA then knock off the Heels.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
A lot of people were calling out how deceptively important Brady Manek was to last year’s team and are looking very correct right now.

I anticipated the comparison factor was also going to hurt UNC a lot from a sports psychology aspect. Last year’s run in February-April was magical, no doubt about it, but I don’t think they are handling adversity well now. They have had a tough schedule recently also. I am sure they’ll be fine when March rolls around and be glad the learning patch came about in late November/early December before ACC play gets into full swing.

Important to win these road ACC games though for your resume. Most are Q1 wins if you pull it off.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
UNC didn't play with the necessary urgency until the second half. By then it was too late. Their offense is a mess with their guards trying to do it all - especially without Bacott. Their D was a mess until they got religion in the second half. Then it was Ok but still not great.

What is fun is to watch VT play offense. I would kill for their spacing and ball movement. But they have a transfer 5 who can shoot from deep and bang in the post plus a high energy 4 you have to play from 18 feet in. Helps a lot.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
UNC didn't play with the necessary urgency until the second half. By then it was too late. Their offense is a mess with their guards trying to do it all - especially without Bacott. Their D was a mess until they got religion in the second half. Then it was Ok but still not great.

What is fun is to watch VT play offense. I would kill for their spacing and ball movement. But they have a transfer 5 who can shoot from deep and bang in the post plus a high energy 4 you have to play from 18 feet in. Helps a lot.
VT has a very good basketball coach.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The McCaffery twins and Filip Rebraca led Iowa to a 19 point win over #20 Iowa State last night. Iowa, Marquette, and Utah are all getting votes for the top 25. We are playing decent basketball. If Armando Bacot is unable to play tomorrow, this would be a great opportunity to keep the Tar Heels below us in the standings and win a game I predicted we would lose.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
UNC has lost their last 4 games by combined 27 points. Wouldn’t surprise me if they beat us by 30 tonight

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Louisville (1-9) beat WKU (8-2) for their first win. The Cardinals get another chance at a win next week when they play a really bad Florida A&M team. Wake (8-3) hung on to beat App State (5-4) by a point. App's only "signature" win is a one pointer over Louisville.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
CamRon Fletcher also blew his knee out and is done for the year. They have another injury as well that I cant remember at the moment.

Utah is a pretender. They are surviving on that win at home over Arizona. They are getting into the meat of their schedule between now and January 14th and my bet is you won’t hear much about them after that stretch.

Teams that defeated us playing well at the moment doesn’t equate our play being any better. Kelly and Moore are showing they have potential while some others aren’t. Then again, it’s difficult to show your talent when your role is go stand in the corner for 20 seconds

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As I write this and head for bed early, two games are still in progress and neither will be an upset of major proportions no matter the outcome.

How does Duke lose to wake by eleven?

Louisville could be in for a very long season. They lost to Lipscomb tonight by eight at home.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
As I write this and head for bed early, two games are still in progress and neither will be an upset of major proportions no matter the outcome.

How does Duke lose to wake by eleven?

Louisville could be in for a very long season. They lost to Lipscomb tonight by eight at home.

No Whitehead no Lively
Lipscomb was actually favored