Academic All-ACC

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I noticed we have at least 4 honorees. Tre Swilling, Brad Stewart, Jalen Johnson, and Wesley Wells. Any others that I’m leaving out?

slugboy

Staff member
Good number of graduating seniors there (and one grad student). It looks like Ken ran the URL together a bit though.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
I LOL when I see that 3.0 qualifies everyone for Academic All ACC. 3.0 at other schools is NOT the same as 3.0 at GT. Malik Rivera was a graduate in Financial Engineering and Brad is an engineering student...3.0 in their majors is like 3.8+ at any other school.

Good on those 8. That is really impressive.
Academic all-ACC should be Dean's list (or higher). Believe Tech is still 3.0. It's at least 3.5 at other schools.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I LOL when I see that 3.0 qualifies everyone for Academic All ACC. 3.0 at other schools is NOT the same as 3.0 at GT. Malik Rivera was a graduate in Financial Engineering and Brad is an engineering student...3.0 in their majors is like 3.8+ at any other school.

Good on those 8. That is really impressive.

I was a BME and when I interviewed for medical school I was most nervous about my gpa compared to those from outside of tech with mostly 4.0s. At the Med school I ended up going to the first interviewer introduced himself and before proceeding stated, “I just want you to know I respect Georgia Tech and a 3.xx in Engineering at Tech is better than 4.0s from uga”. Direct quote.