Aaron Donald - Pitt DT

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
This isn't the same guy that said stopping the option was easy, is it? Totally agree about having to stop this guy. If we don't, it's gonna be a looooong day

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This isn't the same guy that said stopping the option was easy, is it? Totally agree about having to stop this guy. If we don't, it's gonna be a looooong day

No, that was a DE who described his job as the dive key. We actually have to block the DT's, which is why big DTs who can get off of a cut block give us trouble.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is bad news for us because establishing the dive is our first priority. If this guy can gum up the middle of the LOS, we're in for a long day.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
No, that was a DE who described his job as the dive key. We actually have to block the DT's, which is why big DTs who can get off of a cut block give us trouble.

For triple, yes. Tha could mean we try to run some more midline this week to neutralize the stud DT. Navy's QB had 21 of their 47 carries last week (93 yards). Their BBs combined for 14 carries for 55 yards. It would seem that Pitt was focusing on the dive and containing it well. Looks like the ABs found some space with 12 carries for 72 yards. I'd like ot see a breakdown of how much TO was called and how much midline was called.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Granted I only watched the navy/Pitt game, but I thought Navy's pitches were causing problem for Pitt. Navy looked to be able to get to the corner pretty much at will.

I also think that if this DT is as good as everybody is saying he is, which honestly he didn't stand out watching the navy game, then we will either double him, run midline, or I think even some rocket toss to try and get him moving.

I was not impressed by the corners of navy either.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Duke put up 50 something points on them, we should score atleast 30

It is hard to judge from one game like that to another...For example UVA beat BYU 19-16.

Or Duke beat VT....Duke only gave up 10 to VT and we gave up 17. Duke scored 13 and we scored 10. However I think we have a better offense and defense than VT.

IMO every game is different and college games do not really translate...Which is part of the reason it is so great.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
It is hard to judge from one game like that to another...For example UVA beat BYU 19-16.

Or Duke beat VT....Duke only gave up 10 to VT and we gave up 17. Duke scored 13 and we scored 10. However I think we have a better offense and defense than VT.

IMO every game is different and college games do not really translate...Which is part of the reason it is so great.
True that, I was just referring to not letting a one great DT make us think this game should be close.