A++ Trolling

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That is great but they should at least provide the average income for a fry cook at McDonalds as a reference point so that prospects can understand how the degree contrasts in value with one from ugag.

The disparity is almost as striking if you use the actual starting salary and mid career salaries for UGa grads, which is far below GT data. I don't recall the exact numbers, but I think it's around mid-40's for starting salary....

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Check out the "routing number" :)

Sorry, but I am not into Koolaid. That number is patently ridiculous. Really. Every fifth grad is a millionaire but the mid-career average is only $112,000? As for the "average", then $90,000 starting and $30,000 starting will get you there. A whole bunch of graduates must be way below that so I am not sure that is a bragging right. Factor in every graduating class of the last 10 years or so where millionaires could be counted on one hand failing the miracle software program, and pretty soon you are at a tipping point that everybody already out has to be at that magic number. Pretty sure the 2,400 supposed to graduate this year won't be millionaires out of the gate, nor the class before them, or the one before that ... and the numbers get exponential. Sounds to me like a lot of alums are checking the big box.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry, but I am not into Koolaid. That number is patently ridiculous. Really. Every fifth grad is a millionaire but the mid-career average is only $112,000? As for the "average", then $90,000 starting and $30,000 starting will get you there. A whole bunch of graduates must be way below that so I am not sure that is a bragging right. Factor in every graduating class of the last 10 years or so where millionaires could be counted on one hand failing the miracle software program, and pretty soon you are at a tipping point that everybody already out has to be at that magic number. Pretty sure the 2,400 supposed to graduate this year won't be millionaires out of the gate, nor the class before them, or the one before that ... and the numbers get exponential. Sounds to me like a lot of alums are checking the big box.

Not supposed to troll your own kind Skeptic, but your handle says it all. Perhaps an asterisk would make you feel better, lol? I get what you are saying though. I have wondered where the source info for this came from. :LOL::punch:

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

You seem to be drawing conclusions on net worth inappropriately from those salary numbers. The majority of GT grads are probably mid-career or later at this point, and those average numbers themselves are potentially sufficient to get a net worth over a $million. Although I also suspect this is more than a simple average as very wealthy individuals could skew the results quite heavily. I think a median salary would be much more representative.