A trend.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
One thing that I noticed while looking over our record is that we played 5 ACC teams twice, and in each case we won the first game and lost the second. I'm not sure what that means in the long run, but it is odd.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
One thing that I noticed while looking over our record is that we played 5 ACC teams twice, and in each case we won the first game and lost the second. I'm not sure what that means in the long run, but it is odd.
The first one was a home game and the second was an away game (except NC State, which was a recto-cranial inversion, and we shouldn't have lost at home).

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck

I made the same observation and wondered about the adjustments that were made. This is something we need to watch next season.

slugboy

Staff member
The first one was a home game and the second was an away game (except NC State, which was a recto-cranial inversion, and we shouldn't have lost at home).
I think in the last few games and in the ACC tournament that while we gutted out hard play, our starters were exhausted.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it was a combination of better game planning by opponents and tiredness on GT's part.

With limited depth and talent you simply don't have alot of levers to pull to overcome what other teams design. As teams realized GT didn't have any shooters they simply sagged more and more clogging driving lanes and entry passes.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
With limited depth and talent you simply don't have alot of levers to pull to overcome what other teams design. As teams realized GT didn't have any shooters they simply sagged more and more clogging driving lanes and entry passes.

Agreed. The lack of a great shooter combined with tired legs made our okay shooters a non-threat. How many open 3s, easy layups, and freethrows did we miss on the back half of the season? In the beginning of the season also a lot of missed 3s were cleaned up by Lammers. I remember announcers saying stte "thats not their shot, but it doesn't matter when you have Lammers there to clean it up." I'm sure he was priority 1 for every team box out down the stretch.