A Thread to Rehash GT HC Comparisons

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Sets your roster back light years in the ACC, imagine an SEC trying to recover and their 3-4 seasons with Triple Option players after.
Lol at these consistent talking points that imply we were dead last in recruiting in the ACC under CPJ. Amazing that so many revisionist facts are needed to excuse CGC’s record of 5-14 over the past year and a half.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Nate Woody’s D comes up big and Army will go to 7-2. 28-27 over GaSouthern

Spoke too soon, GaSouthern will get 1 more shot.
One of the oddest officiating, stand around, don’t call a penalty, decisions I’ve seen. Pretty sure that saved Southern 15 seconds.

Milwaukee

Banned
Army completes the comeback from down two touchdowns to win. If we’re going to pick on a coach, maybe choose one who doesn’t win so many games.
I like Monken but if you actually watched this game, I’m assuming you did not, you’d know Monken almost lost the game with dumb decisions down the stretch. The announcers even said if they lose this game they will look back on it with regret for years to come, it was that bad. Monken owned up to it in the postgame said he made an awful mistake.
Army D looks really good.

Lol at these consistent talking points that imply we were dead last in recruiting in the ACC under CPJ. Amazing that so many revisionist facts are needed to excuse CGC’s record of 5-14 over the past year and a half.
Maybe not dead last in Recruiting, but we have been dead last in getting Guys drafted since maybe 2016, maybe even 2015

Given the fact above we might as well be dead last in Recruiting, at least in the eyes of incoming HS Talent

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Monken but if you actually watched this game, I’m assuming you did not, you’d know Monken almost lost the game with dumb decisions down the stretch. The announcers even said if they lose this game they will look back on it with regret for years to come, it was that bad. Monken owned up to it in the postgame said he made an awful mistake.
Army D looks really good.
I did watch the game. Saw the holding penalty. Watched the refs stop the clock to have a long discussion then wind it with 25 on the play clock instead of a full 40 after deciding to waive off the flag. Nothing you said challenges my statement about choosing to pick on coaches that lose instead of one that consistently wins.

Milwaukee

Banned
I did watch the game. Saw the holding penalty. Watched the refs stop the clock to have a long discussion then wind it with 25 on the play clock instead of a full 40 after deciding to waive off the flag. Nothing you said challenges my statement about choosing to pick on coaches that lose instead of one that consistently wins.
Yea I’m not in the business of challenging you cats, just informing you.

Milwaukee

Banned
If you can explain why the refs stopped the game clock and had a 2 minute discussion before winding with 25 seconds on the play clock instead of 40, that actually would be helpful. If that’s a rule, it should be changed.
That was such bad officiating. Even the announcers were like “come on guys whatever it is just figure it out, why are we standing around this long?”. Then Southern clearly had a second left on the clock after the spike, they reviewed and still said game over. Horrid officiating, I don’t think they got much right today.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Considering Army went 5-8 last year and is 6-10 against FBS teams the last 2 years, I’d say that’s at least highly debatable.
So you are saying he has a better record against FBS teams than CGC the past two years? We know he has a better record than CGC against non-FBS teams over that time span as well.

Good argument there.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So you are saying he has a better record against FBS teams than CGC the past two years? We know he has a better record than CGC against non-FBS teams over that time span as well.

Good argument there.
He has beaten 0 P5 teams. Running his system, with his players, against G5 teams and he’s 6-10? Is that supposed to be a good argument? Last years team was not going to win games regardless of who the coach is.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
This is the top current cop out excuse.
It’s common sense. Tech recruiting in the 50s = 50th ranked team in P5 football. Wake up. What coach across the country is “coaching em up!” Show me a team right now playing above their ceiling because of a direct reflection on coaching. Other then maybe Indiana their isn’t one, And Indiana hasn’t beaten a ranked team.

Milwaukee

Banned
It’s common sense. Tech recruiting in the 50s = 50th ranked team in P5 football. Wake up. What coach across the country is “coaching em up!” Show me a team right now playing above their ceiling because of a direct reflection on coaching. Other then maybe Indiana their isn’t one, And Indiana hasn’t beaten a ranked team.
Allen and Indiana are focusing on Florida recruits, particularly the Tampa area where Allen is a legend. They currently have more Florida recruits on their roster than ANY team in the B10, more than Ohio St even. Think about that, that’s impressive. Allen has deep ties to HS fb in Florida and it’s paying off for him currently.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He has beaten 0 P5 teams. Running his system, with his players, against G5 teams and he’s 6-10? Is that supposed to be a good argument? Last years team was not going to win games regardless of who the coach is.
Over the past 4 years, Monken is 27 and 14 against FBS schools with a win over Duke, a P5 team and Collins’ Temple team. He also lost to a ranked Ohio State, Michigan (2 OT), and Oklahoma (OT). Yes, they had a down year last year, which is why you only went back 2 years. However, if they can reschedule the AF game, a 3rd double-digit win season in 4 years is still possible. Additionally, Army has been ranked various times over those 4 years.

Now, CGC over the past 4 years: 19 and 23 against FBS. Never had a team ranked in the top 25.

Again, I don’t understand the sarcastic criticism of Monken. It’s fine if you don’t want him at GT, but the dude has won an unprecedented amount of games at Army. In fact, if he continues his current success at Army, he’ll likely be in the College Football Hall of Fame.