A story from when Bohannon was at Tech

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I have got into quite a few closed practices and I had the opportunity to hang around the QB's. One of the main things when you're an option quarterback is to keep your pads low when running...so of course that's one of the main things he got on to the quarterbacks about...Jordan Luallen was one of the worst at this. I remember one practice where Luallen ran a play and had his pads way too high...Bohannon said "damn it Jordan, you're running higher than a giraffe's *****"...got a laughter from quite a few players.

Just thought of this and thought I would share.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of higher than a giraffe's *****, Joe Hamilton is now on our recruiting staff. I kid, I kid.

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
My favorite when I worked with the team was Tenuta yelling at I-Perfection one time saying, "I thought your name was I-Perfection, not I-Suck!"

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Nothing to do with practices, but I met Coach Bohannon in the deli at Publix in Woodstock a few weeks ago. I had no idea he lived in Woodstock but he was in there with his 2 sons who both had on baseball jerseys. His sons are younger boys, whereas mine are 16 and 19, so I introduced my two sons to him.

I made mention that "Coach Bohannon chose the wrong school to attend but he's been at Tech for a few years now, so he may have straightened out." He laughed and said, "I can honestly say that working at Georgia Tech was one of the highlights of my coaching career. I have nothing but great things to say about that school...class people, class organization, and a class school." We talked for a few minutes about Kennesaw State and when they would start the program up and then we wished him the best of luck at KSU before he left. Just a nice guy to be around but I thought you guys would appreciate hearing of his high opinion of GT.