A reminder from President Cabera that there’s a chance.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like it might be kinda rainy. Not sure who or if that benefits.

Any, Pres Cab is probably the only GT alum following soccer, so it was a nice tidbit.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
While i have no idea about soceer, i do know that a strong athletic program will biuld fond memories for the students. When i sign my donation check, i don't think of the shaft professor tests. I remember blowing off steam with buds as we cheered for the jackets.

A large % of our future donations could come from non football/ basketball alumni fond memories.

jmahone

Georgia Tech Fan
Batt was an NCAA Championship goalie for UNC.

I'm all for soccer at GT...women's or men's or both.
It would probably need to be both to preserve the Title IX ratio. It's embarrassing that Tech doesn't have men's and women's varsity soccer programs; the ACC is a soccer-rich conference, and it would be one more way Tech could compete in the conference. It would take time, of course, to develop these programs, but it seems to that if other ACC schools have varsity soccer, we can and should too.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
We already have a miracle in Cabrera.

Having a president that cares about sports is a bigger miracle than any game in the long term.
Yes. Him, Batt, and the grit and fight in our squad now gives me hope for the long term future. We were successful under past presidents who didn’t give a crap about success in athletics, and now that we have one who does? It’s looking good.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It would probably need to be both to preserve the Title IX ratio. It's embarrassing that Tech doesn't have men's and women's varsity soccer programs; the ACC is a soccer-rich conference, and it would be one more way Tech could compete in the conference. It would take time, of course, to develop these programs, but it seems to that if other ACC schools have varsity soccer, we can and should too.
Gets more potential walk on place kickers on campus too for FB.