A Problem Coaching Changes Can't Fix

ToddM

Here again the Athletic Association fee that is applied to season ticket purchases. I call it a spectator fee. Why are we charging folks to buy tickets when we far from sell out games or season ticket packages ? I understand that this is tactic that banks the ADs at major schools but applied to Tech, or any other team that is trying to fill seats, it really hurts. Fans are really being charged because they want a good seat. It's like paying more for a beach front opposed to a bay view.

The spectator fee is akin to a convince fee that we are hit with when you pay your bill online. The difference is that I will sit in my kitchen and pay 3 bucks rather than driving to the post office or water authority. As a single father, with a football aged son I would and have taken my son to games however season tickets are out of the question for me. This has to be a recurring issue especially for a large family.

A spectator fee can help control the masses that want the invaluable, unattainable ticket. Tickets that are valued as if they were bottles of water in the Mohave desert, for a fan base like UGA, Alabama or LSUs markets. It is not for stadiums with 25000 available seats each game.

If and when Tech tickets are as sought like those of bigger schools can a spectator fee work but only after several years of sell outs. Until then we need to encourage attendance not make the game a decision between supper or the game.

ToddM

Yeah last time I went that's where we sat. See the splits real well as u do the blocking but Damn I eye those lower level seats like a wolf watching a new born calf