A Message to our Players

Buzzed_Buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
It's not often that you get a chance for a new beginning. At work, at school, in life, relationships. A chance at a do-over rarely comes around, and when it does, it's not free. That blank slate isn't free. It's costly and requires great personal sacrifice. It's not given to you. No one's handing out chances to redefine yourself, to distance yourself from your past mistakes, to show to the world that where you're going is not where you've been. When that rare window of opportunity appears, you have to take it. You've got to prove that you're different today than you were yesterday. You've got to grab the blank slate when it's there, seize the opportunity when it arises, TAKE IT FOR YOURSELF and never let go.

This Saturday, we have a rare chance to take that blank slate. A chance for a do-over, a chance to make everyone forget about where we've been, and to show everyone where we're going. Last week is last week. Two weeks ago is two weeks ago. That's the past, and the past does not define us. Our abilities, our successes, our failures - that is not who we are.

Your choices, your actions, how you respond to adversity and opportunity - THAT is who you are. You're different because you CHOSE to come to Georgia Tech. You took the hard path because you know YOU WILL SEE IT TO THE END. You picked the challenge because you know YOU WILL RISE ABOVE IT. You seized the opportunity despite the adversity because YOU ARE A DIFFERENT KIND OF MAN. That's who we are at Georgia Tech. We are the Tomorrow Takers. You are not at Georgia Tech because you expect things to be given to you. You are here because you are a taker.

The stage is set. You're on national TV. You're wearing the greatest uniforms Adidas has ever made. You're lining up against the #3 ranked team in the nation. This is the game your entire lives have led up to, the game you've dreamed of since the first day you picked up a football. Show the ACC that Georgia Tech isn't going away. Show the nation that our season is just getting started. Show the world that we're TAKERS.

Deleted member 2897

It's not often that you get a chance for a new beginning. At work, at school, in life, relationships. A chance at a do-over rarely comes around, and when it does, it's not free. That blank slate isn't free. It's costly and requires great personal sacrifice. It's not given to you. No one's handing out chances to redefine yourself, to distance yourself from your past mistakes, to show to the world that where you're going is not where you've been. When that rare window of opportunity appears, you have to take it. You've got to prove that you're different today than you were yesterday. You've got to grab the blank slate when it's there, seize the opportunity when it arises, TAKE IT FOR YOURSELF and never let go.

This Saturday, we have a rare chance to take that blank slate. A chance for a do-over, a chance to make everyone forget about where we've been, and to show everyone where we're going. Last week is last week. Two weeks ago is two weeks ago. That's the past, and the past does not define us. Our abilities, our successes, our failures - that is not who we are.

Your choices, your actions, how you respond to adversity and opportunity - THAT is who you are. You're different because you CHOSE to come to Georgia Tech. You took the hard path because you know YOU WILL SEE IT TO THE END. You picked the challenge because you know YOU WILL RISE ABOVE IT. You seized the opportunity despite the adversity because YOU ARE A DIFFERENT KIND OF MAN. That's who we are at Georgia Tech. We are the Tomorrow Takers. You are not at Georgia Tech because you expect things to be given to you. You are here because you are a taker.

The stage is set. You're on national TV. You're wearing the greatest uniforms Adidas has ever made. You're lining up against the #3 ranked team in the nation. This is the game your entire lives have led up to, the game you've dreamed of since the first day you picked up a football. Show the ACC that Georgia Tech isn't going away. Show the nation that our season is just getting started. Show the world that we're TAKERS.

giphy.gif

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I read that in Derrick Moore's voice. He should read this to the team this week at practice.

The new jerseys got me really excited for the game. I'll admit I was down on the team, especially after the last 2 games, but how many times have we been in a similar situation as this and come out with a win? Clemson 2011 was on the heels of a 2 game losing streak, FSU 2015 we were in our last gasps for bowl eligibility. I believe that we can win, and if the team comes out with their heads on fire like they have in the past for big games, anything is possible.

It would be a truly monumental win for the program - not only a huge upset, but it would get our season right back on track. If we're 2-2 with a win over Clemson on national TV and look good doing it (those uniforms!!!!!), I think everyone will forget about USF and Pitt. I think that could actually spark a huge season for us because we will have fought through adversity and come out on the other end better for it. This is a big game. I hope our fans show up and get loud, we already know Clemson does not like playing in Atlanta (we are 5-1 against them in the past 6 games in Atlanta).

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The only saving grace is that Dabo and PJ have a very good relationship. Once they get a comfortable lead they will get ultra conservative to avoid a massive blowout. I even give some credit to Smarty pants last year. He put his suBS in with Eason. Eason just handed the ball off on inside runs. He could have easily run up the score on us. They just ran the clock out and we couldn't stop them. That game still really bothers me as it showed how much of a talent gap we have with the top teams.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The only saving grace is that Dabo and PJ have a very good relationship. Once they get a comfortable lead they will get ultra conservative to avoid a massive blowout. I even give some credit to Smarty pants last year. He put his suBS in with Eason. Eason just handed the ball off on inside runs. He could have easily run up the score on us. They just ran the clock out and we couldn't stop them. That game still really bothers me as it showed how much of a talent gap we have with the top teams.
When you get up big it pretty normal to run the clock out, that’s not just a thing done for GT exclusively.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I have to give Dabo and Kirby a “thumbs up” too. I liked Dabo from the start but I wanted to dislike Kirby because of UGA. Honestly, I like the guy a lot. He’s humble, a hard worker, and he always finds good things to say about their opponent leading up to games. You would’ve thought Austin Peay was a P5 school the way he talked about them. I think he also kept his squad from destroying BDS after last year’s trouncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I have to give Dabo and Kirby a “thumbs up” too. I liked Dabo from the start but I wanted to dislike Kirby because of UGA. Honestly, I like the guy a lot. He’s humble, a hard worker, and he always finds good things to say about their opponent leading up to games. You would’ve thought Austin Peay was a P5 school the way he talked about them. I think he also kept his squad from destroying BDS after last year’s trouncing.

His talk about Austin Peay was just Bull talk, imo that seems fake as all get out. I like a straight shooter, you don’t have to talk trash but you don’t have to talk a team up crazy.

I sincerely like Dabo, but I can NEVER like any mutt coach.....never have, never will. THWG !!!

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow

I'm in!! Let's tear apart some tigers!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Coach: T Stan , thanks for using "we" in what u said in our weekly meeting. It's great to have an AD that's "All in". I will take it to heart and will tell the players.

Tstan: Go get um, Coach

Later Coach, after Buzzed Buzz rewrites the speech , give his version of the Jack Lengyell We are Marshall Speech. GENTLEMEN, THIS WEEK WE FACE AN OPPONENT THAT IS BIGGER AND FASTER THAN WE ARE AND THEY KNOW IT....
And Coach ends with Lets Go get um.

LOVE THE WE

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
When you get up big it pretty normal to run the clock out, that’s not just a thing done for GT exclusively.
I agree but that wasn't always the case with ND back in the day. Also DWAG fans would have liked nothing better than to trounce us last year after we upset them in Athens the year before. Kirby put the brakes on in the 4th quarter last year.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
If somehow we could get fire into the bellies of the whole team. I've seen it before. A pretty bad GT team going up against #1 Notre Dame. Everyone and I mean everyone was expecting Tech to get run out of the stadium. I was one of the only 41,000 people there to see it. We BEAT Notre Dame 3 - 3 that day.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If somehow we could get fire into the bellies of the whole team. I've seen it before. A pretty bad GT team going up against #1 Notre Dame. Everyone and I mean everyone was expecting Tech to get run out of the stadium. I was one of the only 41,000 people there to see it. We BEAT Notre Dame 3 - 3 that day.

Greatest football game I've ever seen. Still.