A.J. Gray (great story)

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ray-has-bright-future/wBuO6OkQKZ41v0UdOxnONP/

“Some days, I’d be like, I don’t know if I’m going to make it,” Gray told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Some days, I’d be like, I’m going to make it somehow, some way. I just don’t know (how) yet.”

On Saturday, he will put all doubts to rest when he receives his Tech diploma at the school’s commencement exercises at McCamish Pavilion. He’ll be one of 65 current and former Jackets athletes who will receive degrees this weekend, including a number of former teammates such as All-ACC guard Parker Braun and 2018 team captains TaQuon Marshall and Brant Mitchell.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ray-has-bright-future/wBuO6OkQKZ41v0UdOxnONP/

“Some days, I’d be like, I don’t know if I’m going to make it,” Gray told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Some days, I’d be like, I’m going to make it somehow, some way. I just don’t know (how) yet.”

On Saturday, he will put all doubts to rest when he receives his Tech diploma at the school’s commencement exercises at McCamish Pavilion. He’ll be one of 65 current and former Jackets athletes who will receive degrees this weekend, including a number of former teammates such as All-ACC guard Parker Braun and 2018 team captains TaQuon Marshall and Brant Mitchell.
I actually just got done reading that before coming to check the site! It is a really good article on him. He was such a good player and is such a hard worker that I really expected him to get into coaching. I am glad though that he seems to be happy with his career choice and I wish him the best!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
What a great kid to have had in our FB program. I can certainly relate to his academic struggles when I often wondered if I could make it through a tough class. I always thought he would make a great FB coach someday but he has other plans and he will be successful in whatever he chooses. Glad to see our athletes being successful in lifetime goals.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What a great kid to have had in our FB program. I can certainly relate to his academic struggles when I often wondered if I could make it through a tough class. I always thought he would make a great FB coach someday but he has other plans and he will be successful in whatever he chooses. Glad to see our athletes being successful in lifetime goals.

I know he isn't the first senior to take extra courses, but perseverance, taking the harder road, and realizing one's potential are very beneficial qualities in a coach.