A++ for effort

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Sorry mods for creating a new thread (not about this specific recruit), but thought it was notable to see the amount of energy being exerted by this staff. The midnight visits weren't just a one-time stunt.

Kids are different these days, and showing them this kind of attention is the right approach. We'll see the results next week and future signing days, but I'm excited that GCG and his staff are doing everything they can to reel in kids. I think as a fan base, most (not all) fans are reasonable enough to appreciate the strategy and effort. Feels like we're in the fight now.

JacketBrad

Georgia Tech Fan
Agree. This staff is really pouring their heart and energy into recruiting. I love it. Hopefully we'll get Jamious next week and/or a few other surprises, but I think the big payoff will be in the 2020 class. I'm predicting that will be a monster class.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So far the words to describe recruiting would be
Relentless
Attacking
Swagg

The Strength guy tell the players - winners work the hardest and still worry they haven't done enough. (Self motivated).
The players and the fans see this " on display " in the new recruiting.

I feel this staff will continue this effort in
position selection and cross training drills and practice
team building,
and game preparation.
AND During all of above
WILL COMMUNICATE to their target audience- Recruits.

If they"""" play """like this I will be happy and Recriuts will come. Takes both

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I just hope CGC and his entire coaching staff can coach as well as they’re showing on the recruiting front.

The evidence so far shows that the staff’s recruiting efforts are outstanding.

Any evidence on the effectiveness and efficiency of their coaching efforts is yet to be observed.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
When Bryce Harper sits down to meet with the Phillies, Red Sox, or Dodgers, there is little pampering. Money talks. Harper will pick the team that offers him the best contact. These kids can't get paid, yet college football teams have tons of money, so they have to be given something else that's valuable. Attention, nice facilities, media exposure, elite coaching. It all makes sense.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
So far the words to describe recruiting would be
Relentless
Attacking
Swagg

The Strength guy tell the players - winners work the hardest and still worry they haven't done enough. (Self motivated).
The players and the fans see this " on display " in the new recruiting.

I feel this staff will continue this effort in
position selection and cross training drills and practice
team building,
and game preparation.
AND During all of above
WILL COMMUNICATE to their target audience- Recruits.

If they"""" play """like this I will be happy and Recriuts will come. Takes both

Here is how I read this at first glance, glad I did a double take:

So far the words to describe recruiting would
Be
Relentless
Attacking
Swagg

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
YES! These guys are doing a FANTASTIC job at changing how we are perceived in the marketplace. There is a litany of great things GT football represents over last 10 years - but how we were perceived in market was not exciting, cool, hip ATL, etc. Clearly this is a work in progress and we haven't played a snap. Their challenge will be to continue the good - and improve on the opportunities. For me, recruiting energy and playing the game is one of those opportunities. Glad it is getting so much attention and effort.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
When Bryce Harper sits down to meet with the Phillies, Red Sox, or Dodgers, there is little pampering. Money talks. Harper will pick the team that offers him the best contact. These kids can't get paid, yet college football teams have tons of money, so they have to be given something else that's valuable. Attention, nice facilities, media exposure, elite coaching. It all makes sense.
Hope this is not too off track but an example of what we are dealing with in recruiting. Tech has offered a scholarship to a freshman at Rabun County High School. Yes, he is that good.

Thursday Kirby Smart landed his helicopter at the school to offer his scholarship.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope this is not too off track but an example of what we are dealing with in recruiting. Tech has offered a scholarship to a freshman at Rabun County High School. Yes, he is that good.

Thursday Kirby Smart landed his helicopter at the school to offer his scholarship.

We've been flying a helicopter around to schools, and you say we've offered the same kid. How are these things so different?