A few USF Plays

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Lots of max protect. One of those passes was only a 2 man route. The other was 3. Not easy to pressure that. You need the backend to see that and the S have to roll quickly to double the wr. The lb has to see the back and te stay home and rush. They keep you honest with the te rpo you showed in your first clip. Lots of discipline here.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think Woody is way more prepared to handle this than Roof would have been. I finally got to watch the whole Alcorn game today. There are actually some things that make me a little nervous on the defensive side of the ball. We'll give up some plays that won't just be the O beating the D.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
USF's shotgun RPO reminds me most of Wake Forest last year.

Comparing those two teams, I don't think Barnett is as good as John Wolford... certainly not as mobile... but it'll be a challenge nonetheless. I thought Wolford was arguably the best QB in the ACC last year.

I also don't think anyone on USF matches Greg Dortch in the slot, however a big TE presents a different challenge.

USF may have a better set of wideouts... they are certainly bigger.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
USF's shotgun RPO reminds me most of Wake Forest last year.

Comparing those two teams, I don't think Barnett is as good as John Wolford... certainly not as mobile... but it'll be a challenge nonetheless. I thought Wolford was arguably the best QB in the ACC last year.

I also don't think anyone on USF matches Greg Dortch in the slot, however a big TE presents a different challenge.

USF may have a better set of wideouts... they are certainly bigger.
We certainly have the size and athleticism in our S and stinger positions to be able to cover TEs, just got to see if they can put it together. I'm really excited about the talent we've been assembling on the back end of the defense the last couple years...some really good sized athletic kids in that group.