A few team notes before camp

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Are walk-ons counted when calculating APR? In other words does the APR represent scholarship athletes or roster athletes? I'd think it was roster, but now I'm not 100% sure.

I think it's just scholarship athletes. Otherwise, you'd end up seeing schools like Bama have 55 "walk ons" who all scored perfect scores on the SAT but couldn't catch a football if it fell into their hands from 6 inches above them.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Might be a dumb question but because JHD was mentioned in alot of preseason draft talk, any possible way he could go pro?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Derrick Brooks tells a story on himself about being in sixth grade and being a distraction to the others in his class. His parents were notified. His mother was a career school teacher. His father accompanied Derrick to school the next day, and made him stand before the class and apologize to them for interfering with their opportunity to learn, and promise his teacher and his classmates that he would never misbehave in their class again. And then his dad whupped the crap out of him in front of the whole class. Sometimes these humbling experiences can be the catalyst for glory. We might see a walk-on scout team player return to be All ACC.
[/QUOTE]
The "whupping" seems excessive if he had already apologized to the entire class. Glad it turned out well; I have read some serial killer bios of guys who were humiliated in public like that.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Might be a dumb question but because JHD was mentioned in alot of preseason draft talk, any possible way he could go pro?
JHD was a RS Sophomore this year. He could have entered the draft this year. The rule is 3 years removed from HS. Michael Vick left after his RS Sophomore year. He'd be eligible for the supplemental draft, whenever that is if it's between now and the regular draft.

I don't think we're at risk of someone pulling him away from us.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is their a way to make Klock eligible to catch passes?

Our base formation has 6 skill players: 1 QB, 1 BB, 2 WR, 2 AB. Football requires 5 linemen on the line with numbers from 50's to 70's which are always ineligible receivers of forward passes. If we're going to use Klock as an OL in our base formation, then he will have to have a number which makes him ineligible for receiving forward passes. He's been given 65 which is such a number.

We have run a play for Barrick and Beno where we flow the offense one way and then throw a backward pass to the OT with blockers in front.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
The "whupping" seems excessive if he had already apologized to the entire class. Glad it turned out well; I have read some serial killer bios of guys who were humiliated in public like that.[/QUOTE]
It obviously worked, so why question the method.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Our base formation has 6 skill players: 1 QB, 1 BB, 2 WR, 2 AB. Football requires 5 linemen on the line with numbers from 50's to 70's which are always ineligible receivers of forward passes. If we're going to use Klock as an OL in our base formation, then he will have to have a number which makes him ineligible for receiving forward passes. He's been given 65 which is such a number.

We have run a play for Barrick and Beno where we flow the offense one way and then throw a backward pass to the OT with blockers in front.
I don't think Beno was the intended recipient of that pass though

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The "whupping" seems excessive if he had already apologized to the entire class. Glad it turned out well; I have read some serial killer bios of guys who were humiliated in public like that.
It obviously worked, so why question the method.[/QUOTE]
Because "the method" has been shown by social scientists to not work more times than not.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
JHD was a RS Sophomore this year. He could have entered the draft this year. The rule is 3 years removed from HS. Michael Vick left after his RS Sophomore year. He'd be eligible for the supplemental draft, whenever that is if it's between now and the regular draft.

I don't think we're at risk of someone pulling him away from us.
But he wasn't ineligible until after the deadline to put your name in the draft. Still don't see him leaving after this year though.