A few team notes before camp

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Coaches think Fromayan will get his waiver this year...he will be playing tackle and wearing 79.

Coaches will be looking to play Freshman this year if at all possible to even out numbers and help depth.. I was told CB especially.

As of today Klock is still set to start out at OT...we will see if that changes. They think he could play early this year on the OL..that shrorised me.

Going to give Leggett and Wilson a lot of time in camp.

Jabari Hunt Days is now a walk on and will be on the Scout team this year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Coaches think Fromayan will get his waiver this year...he will be playing tackle and wearing 79.

Coaches will be looking to play Freshman this year if at all possible to even out numbers and help depth.. I was told CB especially.

As of today Klock is still set to start out at OT...we will see if that changes. They think he could play early this year on the OL..that shrorised me.

Going to give Leggett and Wilson a lot of time in camp.

Thanks, a nice mixture of shrorising and not so shrorising stuff. I really like Jabari being able to help our O by playing scout team

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That all sounds positive to me. I especially like the idea of letting freshmen play, if they can handle all the pressures of being a student athlete the first year. In the long run having a few freshmen play every year will help with recruiting certain athletes.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope Laskey does drill work only and very little contact this year in camp. He doesn't need to get banged up. He should be working on the mesh with JT and TB.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

Could this mean an early move for Qua to DB? I like him there best.

Everyone here should be applauding this and I hope it gets the attention it deserves. We have fine young men on this football team, and JHD, despite his academic setback, is a great example of this. His experience will pay dividends for the OFF he is facing everyday and the young scout teamers he'll be working along side. That ability to coach those young guys up along with Pelton cannot be understated.

Do they feel he is an impact transfer (i.e. someone who could come in and immediately be on the field in some capacity, even as depth)?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
JH Days is a real man.
This will help our OL and qb practice against REAL game talent
Can't wait to see him on the field again.
Hope he gets lots of encouragement and stays focused on playing FSU and ND next year.
2015 could be quite a year if we can keep from losing more key talent.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would say Qua may be in the mix for #2 WR next year now.

I think after game 2, he wouldn't see the field at WR. And I think the WR class we're working on for 2015 will make a huge splash when they show up. Of course, if that's the position he can get on the field quickest, I'm all for it. I think he's a difference maker.

Last edited:
Love seeing that JHD is a "walk on" and is sticking it out. Hope he's back on scholly next year.

Derrick Brooks tells a story on himself about being in sixth grade and being a distraction to the others in his class. His parents were notified. His mother was a career school teacher. His father accompanied Derrick to school the next day, and made him stand before the class and apologize to them for interfering with their opportunity to learn, and promise his teacher and his classmates that he would never misbehave in their class again. And then his dad whupped the crap out of him in front of the whole class. Sometimes these humbling experiences can be the catalyst for glory. We might see a walk-on scout team player return to be All ACC.[/QUOTE]

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No doubt in my mind JHD will be on scholly next year. Pulling for him to be able to get significant pt as well. I really want to make that ND game and I'd love to see him kill their QB a time or two.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Could this mean an early move for Qua to DB? I like him there best.

He would be a S, not a CB.

Everyone here should be applauding this and I hope it gets the attention it deserves. We have fine young men on this football team, and JHD, despite his academic setback, is a great example of this. His experience will pay dividends for the OFF he is facing everyday and the young scout teamers he'll be working along side. That ability to coach those young guys up along with Pelton cannot be understated.

Do they feel he is an impact transfer (i.e. someone who could come in and immediately be on the field in some capacity, even as depth)?

Depending on how fast he can pickup up our O, if he does then yes. He will be in 2 deep.