A few roster notes

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Looked at the official roster today.

- By my count we will have 16 OL on scholarship this year (Counting Eason Fromayan who isn't listed on the roster yet)

- 6 of the 16 lineman will be true Freshmen

- Only 1 Senior in the group..in Shaq Mason.

- Also, the Freshmen are added at the bottom of the screen...and the weights that I know of aren't accurate.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

- By my count we will have 16 OL on scholarship this year (Counting Eason Fromayan who isn't listed on the roster yet)

- Also, the Freshmen are added at the bottom of the screen...and the weights that I know of aren't accurate.

Do you see any of the 5 walk-on OL players (2 RSFR, 2RSSO, 1RSJR) developing and eventually moving to D1/D2 and staying ahead of the incoming scolly freshmen? I saw some PT in the Sring Game for Anderson, Stallard, and Muns....and they at least looked in shape, did not look lost, and seemed to have good movement. I also saw improvement in Seager from the 2013 season but I doubt he reaches D2. I may have missed seeing Harness.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

thanks, so 15 can play this year right?

Still would love to see this around 19 any given year....4 more is almost a starting line. We are young again...it seems like we went through a senior line the last 2 years and the youth thing kept being thrown out there. Reality is we were really experienced and performance was eh....gosh we need to get better quick

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
thanks, so 15 can play this year right?

Still would love to see this around 19 any given year....4 more is almost a starting line. We are young again...it seems like we went through a senior line the last 2 years and the youth thing kept being thrown out there. Reality is we were really experienced and performance was eh....gosh we need to get better quick

Yes, 15 can maybe 16.

This number is expected to be 19 in 2015..which would be the most on any GT roster that I have ever seen.

We are very young.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Do you see any of the 5 walk-on OL players (2 RSFR, 2RSSO, 1RSJR) developing and eventually moving to D1/D2 and staying ahead of the incoming scolly freshmen? I saw some PT in the Sring Game for Anderson, Stallard, and Muns....and they at least looked in shape, did not look lost, and seemed to have good movement. I also saw improvement in Seager from the 2013 season but I doubt he reaches D2. I may have missed seeing Harness.

Maybe in 2014 but not in the long run.

Muns and Stallard are the two to watch.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes, 15 can maybe 16.

This number is expected to be 19 in 2015..which would be the most on any GT roster that I have ever seen.

We are very young.

if this is 19 in 2015 then 19 in 2016 (ie 2015 isn't 19 only because we are planning on seniors so then 2016 is back to 15); GREAT. Its what GT needs and no coach has done adequately

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
if this is 19 in 2015 then 19 in 2016 (ie 2015 isn't 19 only because we are planning on seniors so then 2016 is back to 15); GREAT. Its what GT needs and no coach has done adequately

It is 19 by plan. We won't have 19 in 2015 and then not recruit any lineman in the next class...I think the right number is somewhere around the 18 range.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It is 19 by plan. We won't have 19 in 2015 and then not recruit any lineman in the next class...I think the right number is somewhere around the 18 range.
We had a discussion about position numbers a few weeks ago. Did we ever reach a consensus on OL numbers?