A few quick notes

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
- Bj Bostic is still at Tech and in classes...would expect him to at least be here until the Spring.

- As I have posted before Anthony Williams is returning for his Senior year.

- Morgan Bailey is not expected to be on the roster come Fall...Nothing official here but I was told that it would be a big surprise if he was on the team this year.

- I have not heard much on Zenon but I think he is still at GT.

- Chaz Cheeks is one to keep a eye on.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol that's hilarious.

I don't think the team respected his attitude at times during the season. I think they were expecting something more out of him.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Watching Vad run the ball vs Ole Miss, I could really see him running soft and undecided inside. Say what you want about Tevin, but he would cut it up and put tuck his helmet down for a yard or two. Nesbitt was an insane bull who would put his hat between an LBs numbers. I think opposing d-coordinator's saw Vad tentative tendencies on tape, and tried to force him to run. I don't know what kind of promises were made to Vad and other recruits, but it seems there were some of our players who thought we would open the offense more, in terms of getting away from the under center option. Once it became apparent we were not, it seems some morale was lost. Perhaps this effected the lousy blocking.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Well if the "leader" of our team doesn't want to be there what's going to happen? I see a kid with so much talent throwing it all in the trash. Did he not think that running the base package to perfection would open the defense up for him to do what he really wanted to do??? Life's not all about doing the things you want to do, and life at Tech certainly isn't about getting to do what you want to do. I was a huge Lee supporter and he quit on us. Now I feel about him the same way I feel about a recruit that spurns us. I don't feel anything for him, I don't wish the best or worst of luck. I do really hope JT just blows everything out of the water this next year for obvious reasons, but also to show what our offense is capable of. When defenses have to put 8 or 9 in the box to defend the run all of a sudden a hundred passing yards become easy.

Tevin put his heart and soul into this team, and you can't ask for more than that. If someone a little more talented plays QB with half the heart Tevin did we could really do something special. I'm on the fence about CPJ as a coach, but this offense could beat anyone in the country if a few more guys on the team played with Tevin's heart and effort.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well if the "leader" of our team doesn't want to be there what's going to happen? I see a kid with so much talent throwing it all in the trash. Did he not think that running the base package to perfection would open the defense up for him to do what he really wanted to do??? Life's not all about doing the things you want to do, and life at Tech certainly isn't about getting to do what you want to do. I was a huge Lee supporter and he quit on us. Now I feel about him the same way I feel about a recruit that spurns us. I don't feel anything for him, I don't wish the best or worst of luck. I do really hope JT just blows everything out of the water this next year for obvious reasons, but also to show what our offense is capable of. When defenses have to put 8 or 9 in the box to defend the run all of a sudden a hundred passing yards become easy.

Tevin put his heart and soul into this team, and you can't ask for more than that. If someone a little more talented plays QB with half the heart Tevin did we could really do something special. I'm on the fence about CPJ as a coach, but this offense could beat anyone in the country if a few more guys on the team played with Tevin's heart and effort.
I agree with your sentiment on Tevin. Maybe now his detractors will understand what he brought to the table far exceeded their initial estimations. Probably not, sigh.

As for Vad, I'm disappointed he didn't fit but his departure is probably a win/win situation for both parties. If that's true then it was probably a lose/lose if he stayed. I wish him luck in his future. He is an outstanding young man with exemplary character. I don't think he stopped trying to win ball games. However, when your hearts not in it, it's hard to give your all.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Good post on Tevin. I think folks are now starting to appreciate him. He got pretty much everything he could out of his talent. Just a few of his records.

In The ACC Record Books

1st - career rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (38)
1st - season rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (20 in 2012)
3rd - career rushing yards by an ACC quarterback (2,225)

In The Tech Record Books
1st - career rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (38)
1st - season rushing touchdowns (20 in 2012)
1st - season rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (20 in 2012)
1st - season touchdowns (20 in 2012)
1st - season points scored (120 in 2012)
2nd - career rushing touchdowns (38)
2nd - career touchdowns (38)
2nd - career rushing yards by a quarterback (2,225)
2nd - season rushing yards by a quarterback (986 in 2011)
2nd - season pass efficiency (155.4 in 2011)
2nd - season touchdowns responsible for (28 in 2012)
3rd - career pass efficiency (142.8)
4th - career touchdowns responsible for (59)
6th - career total offense (5,537)
6th - career scoring (228)

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Eric, this might sound dense, but... Does your reference on Cheeks as someone to watch mean someone else who might be leaving or someone who might break out this year? Thanks.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric, this might sound dense, but... Does your reference on Cheeks as someone to watch mean someone else who might be leaving or someone who might break out this year? Thanks.

Sorry I wasnt more clear...someone that could leave. He is down on the depth chart.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I can't see all the Sr Abacks staying.There isn't enough playtime for all.
From the teams point of view,we really need the underclassman guys to get exp like Andrews..

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with your sentiment on Tevin. Maybe now his detractors will understand what he brought to the table far exceeded their initial estimations. Probably not, sigh.

As for Vad, I'm disappointed he didn't fit but his departure is probably a win/win situation for both parties. If that's true then it was probably a lose/lose if he stayed. I wish him luck in his future. He is an outstanding young man with exemplary character. I don't think he stopped trying to win ball games. However, when your hearts not in it, it's hard to give your all.

Agree. Cheese, you know I was all for Vad starting over Tevin in 2012. Who knows if I was right or wrong because Vad was a MUCH better runner in 2012 than he was in 2013. But after watching Vad this year, I appreciate Tevin much more than I did before.

I don't have any hard feeling towards Vad. If he was planning on transferring after the Clemson game like some have said, you couldn't tell. The kid played his hard out against UGA and Ole Miss and that's all we could ask for. Almost beat UGA for us. I will remember Vad for not living up to expectations on the field but also as a GREAT representative of Georgia Tech and a great kid.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
It was easy to see that Vad Lee did not belong in this type of offense. He was not quick enough, he was not decisive enough, and he was very tentative when runing with the ball. He should never have never taken the bait from the coaches and signed with GT. He should have signed with a College who either ran the standard system or some equal mixing of passing and rushing. Here it is again!!!! "A square peg in a round hole". I know this quote irks some on the board, so have at it!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have any of us ever taken a job and it just didn't end up being the right fit? I know I have. Eventually I needed to leave and it was nobody's fault. I have no hard feelings for Vad at all. He was really in a tough spot. You know quitting mid-season is wrong. You know you aren't getting it, but when you work hard in practice, you are still just good enough to hold on to the job. You don't want to let people down but you aren't succeeding either. The entire team is suffering and your sense of professionalism, character, and integrity are the only things that motivate you to keep going out there, not your love for the game. I feel for the kid. Like has been said before, win win for everybody. I will continue to root for the kid.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It was easy to see that Vad Lee did not belong in this type of offense. He was not quick enough, he was not decisive enough, and he was very tentative when runing with the ball. He should never have never taken the bait from the coaches and signed with GT. He should have signed with a College who either ran the standard system or some equal mixing of passing and rushing. Here it is again!!!! "A square peg in a round hole". I know this quote irks some on the board, so have at it!
He seemed pretty darned quick to me in 2012. IMHO, in no way, shape or form was he physically unqualified (double negative) for this offense. His problems were execution related: footwork, mesh, reads, forcing players to commit, ball security, seeing the field, decisions and game management.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Can you be more specific? VL didn't look that much worse in 2012 than TW in 2010 to me,