A few notes from today

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
PowderSprings, would he not be allowed to enroll and take a class to make up for the questioned one? Wouldn't a questionable/insufficient test score been flagged much earlier? I thought I had read earlier it was a NCAA Clearinghouse issue?

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Doesn't the state have some kind of a graduation test for high school seniors? Could it be that he failed that test and the results weren't available until June?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Both because he would have to go to Prep school and I have a hard time seeing him coming back to GT after that. It isn't an NCAA issue but probably something like a high school credit or test score issue. Something along those lines.
So this is a Hill issue, not a clearinghouse issue? Wouldnt that be covered under exception?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
It isn't a NCAA issue and like I said earlier not really a Hill issue...there is nothing on our end we can do to help him.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
It isn't a NCAA issue and like I said earlier not really a Hill issue...there is nothing on our end we can do to help him.

This just makes no sense to me that it's academic, not an NCAA and not a Hill issue. I'm guessing you're not allowed to say?

Is he admitted to GT or allowed to work out with the team?

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw him with the team the other night when I walked past all of them after a late night practice. He was wearing the same gear all the other ones were and looked like he had been working out. This is mind boggling to me

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This just makes no sense to me that it's academic, not an NCAA and not a Hill issue. I'm guessing you're not allowed to say?

That is all I was told...Take for what it's worth. I know it is a very unique situation.

He is working out with the team.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I actually dont know exactly due to legal issues. They are really tight lipped about that kind of stuff. Even more so than a NCAA issue. That stuff is usually easier to get info on. I will let you know if I find anything else at.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
So if he ends up at a prep school why wouldn't he return to GT afterwards? He has probably bonded with his coaches and teammates as well. I wonder why he has been allowed to work out and practice...etc with the team if there is a chance he is not eligible? Is that not a volition? Just curious and seems so odd that this is coming up so late in the process. Hoping that it all works out for us to keep him on a GT uniform now and later if need be.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So if he ends up at a prep school why wouldn't he return to GT afterwards? He has probably bonded with his coaches and teammates as well. I wonder why he has been allowed to work out and practice...etc with the team if there is a chance he is not eligible? Is that not a volition? Just curious and seems so odd that this is coming up so late in the process. Hoping that it all works out for us to keep him on a GT uniform now and later if need be.
He will be courted by many power house schools and he will probably receive a heavy dose of influence trying to convince him to go elsewhere. Also, it might be a lot of work to get back in to GT when he could just go somewhere else.

gtg771r

Jolly Good Fellow
For what it's worth other boards are saying he's taking 2 courses in the short summer session and that he's currently listed in the student directory. He's also working out with the team (previously mentioned).

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For what it's worth other boards are saying he's taking 2 courses in the short summer session and that he's currently listed in the student directory. He's also working out with the team (previously mentioned).
He is allowed to do all of those things until the ruling comes in. I have heard stuff about the classes but I dont know if it is too little too late. I am hopeful but not very from what I have heard.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If it isn't an NCAA issue, then it is a Tech/Hill issue. Because if the NCAA says he's eligible, then the only thing stopping him from eligibility would be GT.