- Holton off the team

- We now have 83 on schoalrship

- Connors has been put on a 1 year ship

- Snoddy is going to get work at A back and B back

- Perkins is at A back only

- Said this 2014 recruiting class won't get close to 25

- Can bring in 8-10 EE's this year

- Thinks the players really enjoy playing for Roof

- Vad Lee had a good offseason. I've been pleased at the way they have all have worke

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Glad to hear that Snoddy's getting work at A Back, I've always thought that should be his position with his size/speed combination. So the '14 class is expected to be 18-20 or so? As a defensive player how could you not enjoy playing for CTR? LOL!!!

Eric, I know I've said it before but we all really appreciate all the work you and the guys put in!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Glad to hear that Snoddy's getting work at A Back, I've always thought that should be his position with his size/speed combination. So the '14 class is expected to be 18-20 or so? As a defensive player how could you not enjoy playing for CTR? LOL!!!

Eric, I know I've said it before but we all really appreciate all the work you and the guys put in!

Personally I was expecting 22...I guess around 20. Which leaves 5 spots.

Thanks!

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer

So, less than the 22 the various recruiting sites have been reporting we would take?

We have 83 currently, 16 scholarship seniors so that's 18 available spots. Just making sure I understand the EE rules, if 6-8 of these seniors graduate in this fall semester, we can bring in the EEs?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
So, less than the 22 the various recruiting sites have been reporting we would take?

We have 83 currently, 16 scholarship seniors so that's 18 available spots. Just making sure I understand the EE rules, if 6-8 of these seniors graduate in this fall semester, we can bring in the EEs?

My guess was 22..I am not sure what the other sites have been saying.

I am not clear on this yet myself...I have heard three different things haha. All that matters is that the head man said we can bring in 8-10 so that is great.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Hmmm so Tech could be looking at a '15 class of roughly the same size as the '14 or even larger given the number of seniors this year and next.

I think we will get 20 or so in this one...and probably close to that same amount next year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
From CPJ..a few interesting points

- Holton off the team

- We now have 83 on schoalrship

- Connors has been put on a 1 year ship

- Snoddy is going to get work at A back and B back

- Perkins is at A back only

- Thinks the players really enjoy playing for Roof

- Vad Lee had a good offseason. I've been pleased at the way they have all have worke

Interesting that Perkins won't get burn at Bback too. My question is how does Smelter & Kallon look?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting that Perkins won't get burn at Bback too. My question is how does Smelter & Kallon look?
Kallon hasn't looked competitive in the spring practice against our depleted OL, so he probably needs at least another year to develop.

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow

Three of the '14 class have already said they plan to be EEs...Jackson, Durham and Jordan. So if 6-8 is he number then that means there could be some others as well. Plus GT now has 15 commits so there are 6-8 spots which can be filled. Good news.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Does it

Does it not look good for this year, or for the long term?
Both because he would have to go to Prep school and I have a hard time seeing him coming back to GT after that. It isn't an NCAA issue but probably something like a high school credit or test score issue. Something along those lines.