A few notes from last night's show

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Question from Boomer [our Boomer?] Why isn't Adams playing more? He pushes the pile on every play. A: Conditioning. He is too heavy to play much. We're playing him in short yardage, but he is going to have to do his part and take off some weight.

Q: Who is most improved, offense? Parker maybe, and the receivers. Defense? Hard to say. Corey has played well all year, AJ Gray lately.

Not sure the time of the UNC game. TV took the six day option. We'll know Sunday.

Q: How do we defend short pass? Should we be more aggressive as we were with Ga Southern? A: Not exactly. The trouble is they can go over the top and hit you for a home run. What we'll need to do is mix it up and try to confuse the freshman quarterback.

Andy noted that Duke is almost at the very bottom of all of college football in number of turnovers at 18. PJ countered by saying that many of those were in their first few games.

Duke is good a getting sacks, averaging three per game. PJ noted that they have played many pass oriented offenses, increasing the possible number of sacks.

When asked if PJ Davis will play, Coach didn't directly answer but did say something like "we expect everyone back this week."

The segment I enjoyed the most was about the play of J Lee and P Braun. PJ was mostly complimentary and talked about how good they could be as they mature. He said that he had never had such attrition and injuries on the offensive line before. Added that the center Cooper is right there with them. A happy thought for the future.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Him being continually high on cooper is good news to me. The fact that A) he keeps talking him up and b) he felt comfortable moving the backup out to tackle leads me to believe we may be okay in the pivot next year.

What's the deal with Jim from Auburn? Is he associated with the program? Former player? Tks. I'll post and read the replies.
I don't know the answer to your question, but my gGUESS is that he was the first caller many times in Johnson's first seasons at Tech, and somebody just finally decided to always let him have the first call. It's become sort of a tradition now, although his questions are really no better or worse than those of any other callers.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The segment I enjoyed the most was about the play of J Lee and P Braun. PJ was mostly complimentary and talked about how good they could be as they mature. He said that he had never had such attrition and injuries on the offensive line before. Added that the center Cooper is right there with them. A happy thought for the future.
Yessssss. We've just barely been able to put an OL on the field for the last four games, much less the one we started the season with. Let's hope that we are back up to strength for Puke. I especially want to get Klock back and healthy enough to play. Having him and Shamire playing together regularly will lead to good things, imho.

Btw, Shamire had a great game against GSU. Keep it up, big guy!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Milwaukee, my guess was we got a lead and the offense showed it could put up points. Someone else said it had to do with the coaches not thinking Ga Southern had the ability to hit a deep throw.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One other thing --- for some reason I forgot altogether that the show was on. I missed the first 15 minutes. If anyone who listened to the whole thing wants to chime in, I'd appreciate it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I like what he says about mixing it up and showing different looks on D. Cheers to that. I thought our defensive game plan vs Southern was the best of the season, regardless of what the anti-Roof crowd is screaming.

We allowed a G5 team, just a few years removed from being FCS, having their worst year since the move, score 3 points/drive and convert 65% of their 3rd downs.

You don't need to have an opinion about the DC to know that that's less than great.

Milwaukee

Banned
We allowed a G5 team, just a few years removed from being FCS, having their worst year since the move, score 3 points/drive and convert 65% of their 3rd downs.

You don't need to have an opinion about the DC to know that that's less than great.

We didn't play like the 85 Bears, and I realize how bad we are. But the scheme was the best I've seen from us this year. If you think we can just line up and blow smaller schools out then you're thinking we are better than we actually are. We aren't very talented up and down the depth chart, simply put.

But I am extremely optimistic about our season if we can beat Duke.