A few injury notes

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
- Beno and Zenon are back

- Jay Finch got injured today and the seriousness of the injury is not known yet.

- Isaiah Johnson is out for the Elon game.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
That last bit about the QBs sounded interesting. I was under the impression JT would be used more for mop of duty this season, but from the comments it looks like he may get some meaningful playing time early on.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
That last bit about the QBs sounded interesting. I was under the impression JT would be used more for mop of duty this season, but from the comments it looks like he may get some meaningful playing time early on.
I thought that too but then it is for Elon so that could explain that.

I'm not expecting JT to have any more playing time than Vad did in the first six games of last season unless something unusual happens.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought that too but then it is for Elon so that could explain that.

I'm not expecting JT to have any more playing time than Vad did in the first six games of last season unless something unusual happens.

This is true. I feel like CPJ may want to see a good bit of playing time from JT to see how he does in real game speed. I also dont expect to see anything crazy from our offense other than the bread and butter until we hit tough stretch of the schedule. Just conjecture on my part, of course.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Coach Johnson loves Thomas...thinks his future is really bright. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get snaps as the season goes along.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ's interviews always seemed to have a bias toward JT up until 2 weeks ago. The comments went from: Question, What about Vad; Answer, well we have this other kid JT... To: Answer, Vad has a lot to offer and we are really excited.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if we'll hear the refrain from the Tevin bashers that Vad is being hurt by snaps being given to Thomas?

Unfortunately there's already some element of truth to that as stated by the coaching staff. They've said multiple times this preseason that Vad is at a point where he's only going to get better with game reps. They're going to be walking a fine line with giving snaps to JT. To your point it's inevitable that folks will blame lack of experience as reasons for Vad's struggles if/when that happens.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
Any news on Godhigh? I saw him walking around campus with a wrist brace on. I am assuming it's nothing serious since he wasn't listed on the injury report.