A Door Handle?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not really, at least based on the way he has handled things after the fact. He would be far better off just leaving it with his initial statements and then keeping his mouth shut.
I disagree. He just "reacted" to something he never initiated. A HUGE difference....extremely significant one. Smollett fabricated an entire racist event making himself the victim. Wallace...not even close to same.

If I were advising Wallace, I probably would have recommended he handled his reaction differently. But the 2 people here (Wallace v Smollett) are not very similar.

GT_EE78

Banned
What should he apologize for? He didn’t make this an issue, NASCAR did. He didn’t even see it until they showed it to him.
granted that it wasn't Bubba , just nascar and the usual media outlets who promoted the noose hoax thru massive media blitz.
Bubba Smollet helped perpetuate the hoax by taking advantage of the situation on the talk $hows, which is why i think he should apologize.

I disagree. He just "reacted" to something he never initiated. A HUGE difference....extremely significant one. Smollett fabricated an entire racist event making himself the victim. Wallace...not even close to same.

If I were advising Wallace, I probably would have recommended he handled his reaction differently. But the 2 people here (Wallace v Smollett) are not very similar.
There was nothing wrong with his INITIAL reaction. But once the truth about the matter came out, it was time for him to shut up. His milking of the incident since then, especially since, from what I have heard, he never actually saw the noose himself, is what likens him, albeit in a small way, to Smollett. He seems to me to be playing the victim game. True, Smollett initiated that game in his case, and Bubba did not, but, as I said, the best thing he could do is just deal with earlier statements and now keep his mouth shut.