A data driven perspective on transfers

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Omg I hated AJ Suggs era. I know some folks that played with him at Tennessee that use to refer to him as AJ Sucks.
I don't think ridicule of AJ is appropriate. He graduated a GT-man, I think. Beat a very good UF team at Tennessee, led us to a big upset of a top 5, undefeated NCSt team up there. Led a miniature comeback against Ugag, in Ball's freshman year, after coming in as a backup to make the game more respectable. Took us to a bowl game. Gave us what he had, not a problem off the field - just part of a big QB-controversy. Who knows, if he had had 4-5 years of Ralph Friedgen tutelage, he might've been another Godsey.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I blame a lot of it on the athletes for not using their head when being recruited. If the team that recruits me has a freshman or sophomore starter like Fromm, I’m sure not going there if I’m counting on getting playing time. Regardless of what people tell me.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
These kids are all big time recruits, no matter what anyone says you don’t know which will come out on top in a competition. Just because it is football, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to give themselves the best opportunity to succeed. If I am at an engineering school that doesn’t allow me into the particular field I am interested in, I can transfer to another school that will. These old school notions of just deal with it, are pretty stupid. They still have to compete to where they transfer, nothing is handed to them. They should be allowed to take full advantage of the work they put in high school and college.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think ridicule of AJ is appropriate. He graduated a GT-man, I think. Beat a very good UF team at Tennessee, led us to a big upset of a top 5, undefeated NCSt team up there. Led a miniature comeback against Ugag, in Ball's freshman year, after coming in as a backup to make the game more respectable. Took us to a bowl game. Gave us what he had, not a problem off the field - just part of a big QB-controversy. Who knows, if he had had 4-5 years of Ralph Friedgen tutelage, he might've been another Godsey.

Suggs QBR in 2002 was better than any other Gailey era QB. As a pure passer in a conventional system he was probably better than anyone we’ve had since.