A couple of Anree Saint-Amour articles from Ken

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Anree Saint-Amour names best game and teammate, toughest opponent
Favorite game

Georgia, 2016

“It’s like, Dang, the defense is kind of stopping them, but then the offense isn’t really moving it. It just felt like the momentum had kind of died down. I felt like there was probably a point in the game where it felt like, Oh, dang, we might give this one up. But like a good team, at that point, you have to keep on moving on, keep on fighting. I feel like that’s what we did that game.”

Sugiura: Anree Saint-Amour explains his excitement for new defense
He called Woody positive and intense.

“He rarely has anything negative to say,” Saint-Amour said. “He’s always lifting us up and trying to get us to push more. I remember when we had a practice just with helmets, and he’s expecting us to go – not contact, obviously – full speed to the point so we’re actually getting some work in. And that’s something different.”

slugboy

Staff member
He called Woody positive and intense.

“He rarely has anything negative to say,” Saint-Amour said. “He’s always lifting us up and trying to get us to push more. I remember when we had a practice just with helmets, and he’s expecting us to go – not contact, obviously – full speed to the point so we’re actually getting some work in. And that’s something different.
OK, that last part is surprising and promising.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I will respectfully pass judgment on Woody once we play a few games. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter so far. Got to give him a couple of years to see marked improvement. Just a little better and last season got a couple more wins. It will be interesting to see how TR does at NC State with Huxtable as co-DC and how much different we will be this year. I expect game situation calls to be better. TR seemed to stay conservative so we didn't get much pressure on the QB. Very few turnovers.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I will respectfully pass judgment on Woody once we play a few games. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter so far. Got to give him a couple of years to see marked improvement. Just a little better and last season got a couple more wins. It will be interesting to see how TR does at NC State with Huxtable as co-DC and how much different we will be this year. I expect game situation calls to be better. TR seemed to stay conservative so we didn't get much pressure on the QB. Very few turnovers.
I actually think we will see a big improvement by next year if not this year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I actually think we will see a big improvement by next year if not this year.
Since its un scouted,

I am going w good day one,

then plateau w some opps,

then more defense added and very good,

then we play miami and uga who have good passing and very good wr and oh crap i hope the gt offense is on fire.

It will be a few years befor our defense is strong against experienced passing.

As in the musical - Lil Abner= "At least they was active"

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Lol you are ridiculous.
I’m not here to argue, but I will say that a lot of people had an opinion on the old DC being good or bad. @33jacket is one of the only who went beyond and actually showed why in his opinion the old DC was not good, he went into depth about what was happening. I’ll also say there has been comments by the players that would indicate things needed to change. I also saw some things done that made no sense to me. Now, your comment might be by the fact that he even brought this subject up and in the case I get why you said it if you thought there was no need for it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Since its un scouted,

I am going w good day one,

then plateau w some opps,

then more defense added and very good,

then we play miami and uga who have good passing and very good wr and oh crap i hope the gt offense is on fire.

It will be a few years befor our defense is strong against experienced passing.

As in the musical - Lil Abner= "At least they was active"
Disagree a little, Miami didn’t light us up last year and that’s without us getting pressure. I think us creating more negative plays and getting pressure will make offenses press more, especially if our offense is humming. This will offset the struggle we might would see from an inexperienced secondary imo. This is not a hit on last years secondary either, but imo we have more athleticism on the field now, it’s just a matter of will they learn fast and produce. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a little worried about the secondary but this D system benefits the DB’s majorly and makes their jobs easier if the front 7 are doing their job imo.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I’m not here to argue, but I will say that a lot of people had an opinion on the old DC being good or bad. @33jacket is one of the only who went beyond and actually showed why in his opinion the old DC was not good, he went into depth about what was happening. I’ll also say there has been comments by the players that would indicate things needed to change. I also saw some things done that made no sense to me. Now, your comment might be by the fact that he even brought this subject up and in the case I get why you said it if you thought there was no need for it.

He was also often wrong in his breakdowns. Claiming we were in one coverage when in actuality we were in another. Not all the time but enough to prove he was no more of a football expert than the majotof us here.

That’s just for starters. He’s entitled to his opinion though. But dang, the dude is gone. Be glad and move on and stop acting like you were a cuckhold to him and the wifey.

As for taking player comments and extrapolating. Players are almost always positive about change, until the results start showing poorly. For that matter I could take Glanton’s comments and extrapolate to say “Oh no!! This isn’t gonna work!! Woody doesn’t understand how our players think and isn’t communicating with them!! WTH??!?”

Now I’m not at all stating that’s the case in any way. Players have to adapt and will. I think Nate is a proven DC and I expect good things. I’m just not expecting immediate miracles.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He was also often wrong in his breakdowns. Claiming we were in one coverage when in actuality we were in another. Not all the time but enough to prove he was no more of a football expert than the majotof us here.

That’s just for starters. He’s entitled to his opinion though. But dang, the dude is gone. Be glad and move on and stop acting like you were a cuckhold to him and the wifey.
Yea I didn’t see all his breakdowns so I wouldn’t be able to attest to that. However, I can go by what I saw myself as well. I definitely see what you are saying, he’s gone so let’s look forward to next season and the new staff.