A Bruce Feldman tweet on CPJ

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I don't get to talk to too many Tech players throughout the year but I do know that when PJ was inducted into the Georgia Southern Hall of Fame (same day as Pat Douglas, Brendan Douglas' dad. I'd just as soon not kick over that ant hill though), sitting in the second row of the stands to watch at halftime was Josh Nesbitt. That was before a Thursday night game with VT in Josh's senior year, IIRC.
When he was coaching at Southern and they had a road game at VMI, his old QB at Navy, Chris McCoy, drove down to see the game and see PJ.
Not every coach is going to be universally loved - except Erk - by his players. Even Saban has turned some players against him, like the dude a couple of years ago who transferred to Tennessee, IIRC.

Now, some of these one on ones PJ has with players in the next few weeks could be very interesting.

TechPhi97

Jolly Good Fellow
What I find improbable is that an established journalist would risk his credibility by reporting information that had absolutely no basis in reality. I think we can safely infer there is some truth in the original rumor, although there may be more to the story that could come out later.

I don't disagree that someone heard something; I just take rumors with a huge grain of salt because I feel like established journalists are competing with rumor sites to get a scoop, to the detriment of actual journalistic integrity.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
I don't disagree that someone heard something; I just take rumors with a huge grain of salt because I feel like established journalists are competing with rumor sites to get a scoop, to the detriment of actual journalistic integrity.

That may be true for journalists trying to break into the mainstream, but I don't think that's usually the case with established journalists. Once you become established, then your main asset is your credibility. Look, I realize people don't want to believe the original rumor has any basis in reality. It's painful as a fan to hear something like that. But to be honest with yourself, you have to try to think about issues objectively and unemotionally.

Animal02

Banned

There are a thousand things that someone could have heard CPJ say he was not happy with the "hill" or the AD about.......doesn't mean he is leaving........If that were the case with me.....I would have changed jobs every 2 weeks for the last 30 years ;)