A Bruce Feldman tweet on CPJ

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. Just pointed out the recent tweet since it was relevant to several posts. Nice try though.

The Tweet you pointed out was taken out of context, and you decided that it must apply to his displeasure with CPJ or GT. I would argue Shaq's Tweet an hour prior puts your selected Tweet into a more appropriate context. Agree or disagree?

Billyho55

Georgia Tech Fan
There is a lot more going on than most people think. There always is when this stuff starts leaking out. We'll see what happens in the coming days but it will no doubt be interesting. As for Feldman I don't see any reason to shoot the messenger. How can some of you be so sure that Johnson hasn't told certain people that he is unhappy and would be willing to take a buyout?
And BINGO was his name, oh. Spot on analy
There is a lot more going on than most people think. There always is when this stuff starts leaking out. We'll see what happens in the coming days but it will no doubt be interesting. As for Feldman I don't see any reason to shoot the messenger. How can some of you be so sure that Johnson hasn't told certain people that he is unhappy and would be willing to take a buyout?
Spot on, my good man.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
The Tweet you pointed out was taken out of context, and you decided that it must apply to his displeasure with CPJ or GT. I would argue Shaq's Tweet an hour prior puts your selected Tweet into a more appropriate context. Agree or disagree?
I stand by what I previously posted. I saw the tweet posted on another site and googled it to see if it was in fact real. It was and since several posters were discussing player opinions of current events and the head coach I posted the tweet. The tweet was posted during the time the Feldman thing came out so it seemed relevant. Therefore it was nothing more than pointing out what the guy tweeted. As for context how do you know what was meant by the tweet a few hours prior? It's all opinion. You seem hellbent on trying to identify some kind of hidden agenda or conspiracy. If so look elsewhere. I only give opinions good or bad or reveal what I know if I think it is appropriate to reveal it on a message board. If it was up to me we would never lose a game regardless of who the coach was or what the players opinions were but we both know that will never happen.

Last edited:

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad that the OL seems to be sticking together. I think that they could be good next year (I say that every year, but my assessments are getting more pessimistic).

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I stand by what I previously posted. I saw the tweet posted on another site and googled it to see if it was in fact real. It was and since several posters were discussing player opinions of current events and the head coach I posted the tweet. The tweet was posted during the time the Feldman thing came out so it seemed relevant. Therefore it was nothing more than pointing out what the guy tweeted. As for context how do you know what was meant by the tweet a few hours prior? It's all opinion. You seem hellbent on trying to identify some kind of hidden agenda or conspiracy. If so look elsewhere. I only give opinions good or bad or reveal what I know if I think it is appropriate to reveal it on a message board. If it was up to me we would never lose a game regardless of who the coach was or what the players opinions were but we both know that will never happen.

You added after the one Tweet "Seems we have someone else who is excited about all the rumors." That implies you're willing to jump to a conclusion, and you caused the same reaction by reposting it here. I believe you if you say you have no agenda, but taking it from another message board is taking a leap of faith that they don't have an agenda either.

I posted a Tweet from a couple hours prior. It was also after the Feldman Tweet. I asked if you intentionally ignored the earlier Tweet or not. You could have replied with "no, I didn't realize that was also out there". But instead you'd rather defend the singular Tweet with no way to confirm its context and place it in this thread to give an impression that it's relevant.

You're right, assuming anything from either of the Tweets is silly. That's really the point I'm making. Based on subsequent Tweets it seems Shaq is in good spirits.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If you really believe just because CPJ gets a bigger bonus because of SA's academic performance is a tipoff that the Hill an GT value APR over getting butts in the seats and more wins, then more power to you. Anyone that knows the business of sports will tell you how false tht premise is. CPJ isn't the only coach that gets paid more money in his contract for graduating kids than team rankings/wins. Most coach's contracts are in the public domain, you should look it up.

The hill isn't going to get rid of CPJ, atleast in the immediate future without a steep discount, because they can't afford to.
The Hill doesn't pay him... the GTAA plus radio/TV pay CPJ... GTAA would be on the hook for all of it though if he's fired.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Feldman should be held accountable for this... He is backtracking hard on his twitter account and getting hammered for it. He won't even own the story calling it a "CBS" story...

What complete garbage. This guy completely throws a coach under the bus, gets exposed and now simply hides behind social media. How does this guy still have a job?
Yep... even saw that a bulldawger was telling him to take ownership.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
To clear up the Shaq tweet...I am friends with him and asked him on Twitter about his tweet..

@GTRecruiting: @ShaqDiesel_70 Shaq, sorry to bother you but GT fans are going nuts that this tweet is talking about CPJ. Please squash those rumors for me.

@ShaqDiesel_70: @GTRecruiting that's not what I meant at all

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
To clear up the Shaq tweet...I am friends with him and asked him on Twitter about his tweet..

@GTRecruiting: @ShaqDiesel_70 Shaq, sorry to bother you but GT fans are going nuts that this tweet is talking about CPJ. Please squash those rumors for me.

@ShaqDiesel_70: @GTRecruiting that's not what I meant at all
Good to hear. Thanks for the info, as always, Eric. I feel like the rumor mill is going to be running wild until the camp starts... If I could fast forward to then, I definitely would. I hate not knowing who is speculating and who is actually relaying actual info...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I knew little of Feldman before this happened. The guy is a complete hack and POS "reporter" if he ran with this before even ATTEMPTING to contact CPJ himself.
Another example of journalism going down the toilet (closely following politics) in this country.
Feldman has now provided juicy ammo for our recruiting competitors to use against us with more negative recruiting. Piece of garbage.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
What would possibly motivate a credible sports journalist like Bruce Feldman to post a completely bogus rumor? It's not like the guy needs publicity. And if it's publicity he wanted, then making stuff up that will easily be refuted just makes him look non-credible. The last thing a journalist wants is to appear to be non-credible. Given all that, I think there is something legitimate to the original rumor.

The next thing we can infer is that Johnson wanted this information to be made public. If he had told someone this in confidence, then that person would be destroying his relationship with Johnson by leaking it to the press. Not logical or credible.

So, the question now becomes, why would Johnson want this rumor to make it out to the public? Maybe he's hoping the firestorm will cause the fanbase to pressure the school to give him his buyout, so everyone can just move on. I do not put much weight on the subsequent denial by Johnson. That denial had to be done to maintain an air of uncertainty around the situation. If he had not refuted it, then it would have taken on the weight of fact.

I expect this story to evolve rapidly over the coming days. Should be interesting.

56JacketDE

GT Athlete
What would possibly motivate a credible sports journalist like Bruce Feldman to post a completely bogus rumor? It's not like the guy needs publicity. And if it's publicity he wanted, then making stuff up that will easily be refuted just makes him look non-credible. The last thing a journalist wants is to appear to be non-credible. Given all that, I think there is something legitimate to the original rumor.

The next thing we can infer is that Johnson wanted this information to be made public. If he had told someone this in confidence, then that person would be destroying his relationship with Johnson by leaking it to the press. Not logical or credible. UNLESS HE HAS TOLD MORE THAN ONE PERSON thus he wouldnt know who leaked it and that is possible

So, the question now becomes, why would Johnson want this rumor to make it out to the public? Maybe he's hoping the firestorm will cause the fanbase to pressure the school to give him his buyout, so everyone can just move on. I do not put much weight on the subsequent denial by Johnson. That denial had to be done to maintain an air of uncertainty around the situation. If he had not refuted it, then it would have taken on the weight of fact.

I expect this story to evolve rapidly over the coming days. Should be interesting.
GOOD POINTS