A Blast from the Past

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It was sweet for sure.But one thing jumped out most.He had NO pressure around him on catch which allowed for the burst by.
The reason he would not see this again is that he probably doesn't have a quick step or cut to lose those usual first guys down which close fast..

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It was sweet for sure.But one thing jumped out most.He had NO pressure around him on catch which allowed for the burst by.
The reason he would not see this again is that he probably doesn't have a quick step or cut to lose those usual first guys down which close fast..

Can you elaborate on this? Has he had an injury or did he gain weight or something?

My eyes tell me you're right. Or, said differently, I've wondered why he doesn't seem to get separation like he did his first year or so.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Can you elaborate on this? Has he had an injury or did he gain weight or something?

My eyes tell me you're right. Or, said differently, I've wondered why he doesn't seem to get separation like he did his first year or so.
Yea he gained weight, that was CGCs dumb plan remember? Everybody gain 10 lbs or whatever.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Well yeah, hardly ever was my wording. You showed one post total and one agreement. I've seen many more about Carpenter over time.
I'm not doing all your research for you. I also won't disagree that its been said more about Carpenter, my point is its been said by multiple posters here.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I'm not doing all your research for you. I also won't disagree that its been said more about Carpenter, my point is its been said by multiple posters here.
No research needed. It’s been said about TC much more than JT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Bro, you really want to play that game? One highlight from his freshmen year doesn't erase what's showing up on tape the past two seasons. Juanyeh is a good player, but the fact remains his speed on the back end is better suited for another position at this point in his college career. I hate when people like you isolate one play (at a position on special teams at that) and try to make a point, because the only way to prove you wrong to show you highlights of why I believe what I do...and I'm not going to do that because it denigrates him and is that what you're really after? Being a kick returner is not the same as the attributes needed at DB.

I'll just let you read what pro scouting service is saying about our two safeties:

103. GEORGIA TECH

Entering the year there were some big concerns with Georgia Tech’s coverage unit outside of the safety duo of Juanyeh Thomas and Tariq Carpenter, but those two have surprisingly been the biggest issues. Those two earned coverage grades of 80.8 and 77.4, respectively, last season. This year, the duo have lowered those marks to 58.8 and 47.4.

Not to be a d!ck, but you really need to know what you're talking about before you get on here and try to stir stuff up.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Bro, you really want to play that game? One highlight from his freshmen year doesn't erase what's showing up on tape the past two seasons. Juanyeh is a good player, but the fact remains his speed on the back end is better suited for another position at this point in his college career. I hate when people like you isolate one play (at a position on special teams at that) and try to make a point, because the only way to prove you wrong to show you highlights of why I believe what I do...and I'm not going to do that because it denigrates him and is that what you're really after? Being a kick returner is not the same as the attributes needed at DB.

I'll just let you read what pro scouting service is saying about our two safeties:

103. GEORGIA TECH

Entering the year there were some big concerns with Georgia Tech’s coverage unit outside of the safety duo of Juanyeh Thomas and Tariq Carpenter, but those two have surprisingly been the biggest issues. Those two earned coverage grades of 80.8 and 77.4, respectively, last season. This year, the duo have lowered those marks to 58.8 and 47.4.

Not to be a d!ck, but you really need to know what you're talking about before you get on here and try to stir stuff up.
I think the point is why have they regressed.

Lol...2018 to 2020...you can't compare or talk about regression. Scheme change. And the last two years our defense lives on the field. 10 possessions a game vs 20. With a bad offense