92.9 The Game's Randy McMichael said what?!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
As you all probably know, Randy is a uga alum- played tightend for them in the early 2000's. Today around 1:30pm I was listening to 92.9 The Game, as I normally do. To my surprise I heard a question from a caller about GT and Geoff Collins! Randy and Andy Bunker were asked "Do you think that Geoff Collins can turn GT into a perinniel top 25 program". WITHOUT HESITATING Randy McMichael said... YES.

Andy rebuttaled and said "Maybe in 5-6 years but 3-4 years is only one recruiting class, is that possible?"

WITHOUT HESITATION Randy McMichael said... YES.

If you aren't a believer in Geoff Collins branding and recruiting schemes then this should help solidify your belief. Randy is a true GT hater, but he has full faith and belief that Geoff Collins will turn THE INSTITUTE back into the national power that it rightfully should be.

These are BIG WORDS coming from a guy I hear daily talk bad about Georgia Tech.

I'm loving it!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A GT hater likes CGC. check
To be clear - are u saying

1. that the words from talking head are said in truth? He actually believes it.

2. that the words are deceitful ( only said so we will ride the wrong coach for a long time).

He could be a professional at spreading mis information or he could be a professional at spreading the truth.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
To be clear - are u saying

1. that the words from talking head are said in truth? He actually believes it.

2. that the words are deceitful ( only said so we will ride the wrong coach for a long time).

He could be a professional at spreading mis information or he could be a professional at spreading the truth.
In today's alternate facts landscape he could be a professional spreading truthful misinformation.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I don't know why anybody:

• Listens to talk radio of any kind, but especially sports shows, and

• Thinks the opinions of the "pundits" on these shows are worth anything more then a bucket of warm spit.

So … I don't think that any opinion from this crowd is worth listening to or indicative of anything much for our football program. Some people around here seem to think that having them pay attention to Tech is a plus. Lord knows why.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Randy always came off as pretty level headed and fair to me, he's like the anti-homer. I remember Dukes and Bell would try to get a rise out of him during Hate Week and he'd always be like, "It'd be great if we win, but I'm not going to get too upset if we lose." GT callers would call in and mention our 4 national championships to UGA's 2, and Rick and John would jump to the defense of UGA and Randy would just give credit to GT. Regardless, it's good to see a big local media member thinks our program can develop into a powerhouse. Hell, most UGA fans on Reddit always comment that CGC is doing all the right things and building the program quickly. Definitely a testament to the public perception of our program.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Perennial top 25 is well within our reach with the recruiting territory we are in and is where O'Leary had us for 5 years, 1997 to 2001. It only took him 3-4 years to get us there and he took over a worse situation. So, yeah, that is a no-brainer. What we wanna know is can CGC do even better than that? He seems to think so.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Mutt fans are a worried bunch. The window for them to win a National Championship is rapidly closing. There was Bammer and maybe OhStU or Barn or LSU. Now there’s Clemp. Hell you also get OU in the pile.

Last thing they need is another threat. They’re watching us closely and will be for a couple of years to see if GT will catch fire again. It’s a sign of fear, but when your MO is screwing the pooch when the chips are down that’s what you do. They’re rightfully concerned CGC might be the one to deal them the death shot and put them back in their place where they belong.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Mutt fans are a worried bunch. The window for them to win a National Championship is rapidly closing. There was Bammer and maybe OhStU or Barn or LSU. Now there’s Clemp. Hell you also get OU in the pile.

Last thing they need is another threat. They’re watching us closely and will be for a couple of years to see if GT will catch fire again. It’s a sign of fear, but when your MO is screwing the pooch when the chips are down that’s what you do. They’re rightfully concerned CGC might be the one to deal them the death shot and put them back in their place where they belong.
I'd like to think you're right about the "window closing" but, their still bringing in those 4/5 star recruits and plenty of money boosters.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I'd like to think you're right about the "window closing" but, their still bringing in those 4/5 star recruits and plenty of money boosters.
There’s a reason they lose when it counts. They get enough of the 4/5 star players that nobody else wants and they screw themselves. It’s a team. They recruit individuals, not a team. They’re too dense to get it. God help us if they ever figure it out. Georgia would become unlivable and NCAA Football would be ruined.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

They had a window? News to me.

#It'sAlwaysHateWeekB*tches

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

It's a very good thing when the Dwags are paranoid and looking over their shoulders:):cool::D:smuggrin: