9.5 favorite over Wake

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
The team handled their business and got the W in convincing fashion. That is a good thing. However, I thought we played too casual and sloppy on offense during long stretches of the game. Luckily, Wake was not good enough to make us pay for it. Also, I was slightly surprised that Pastner didn’t take the opportunity to go a little deeper into the bench. All in all, I’m happy to get another W in conference.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Controlled the game from start to finish. Put the game away by the under 16 TO in the second half. After that the starters looked almost disinterested and clearly lost both the intensity on defense and the crispness on offense. Wish we would have seen more of Saba and Howard in a normal line up. Hard to be too upset about a blow out conference win, although man is Wake a bad team.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Kudos to the Whitt kid at WF! Just graduated from high school back in December. NCAA apparently will allow him to play the balance of this year and not count against his eligibility, Is that what I heard?

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
Pulled out a squeaker of a 70-54 win over WF ;)

Is this the Wake Forest freshman?

nooooo GIF

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The team handled their business and got the W in convincing fashion. That is a good thing. However, I thought we played too casual and sloppy on offense during long stretches of the game. Luckily, Wake was not good enough to make us pay for it. Also, I was slightly surprised that Pastner didn’t take the opportunity to go a little deeper into the bench. All in all, I’m happy to get another W in conference.
Ditto

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Kudos to the White kid at WF! Just graduated from high school back in December. NCAA apparently will allow him to play the balance of this year and not count against his eligibility, Is that what I heard?
that is correct. It is a free year for Whitt and he gets the weight room and practice for "free". He has a great handle but needs to get stronger and work on his shot.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Kudos to the Whitt kid at WF! Just graduated from high school back in December. NCAA apparently will allow him to play the balance of this year and not count against his eligibility, Is that what I heard?

Dan Bonner said that about 20 times. Doesn’t make it true, but he said it every time the kid did anything.

/

GT11

GT Athlete
Love the energy the first half and the start of the second half. I’ll take a player like Usher anytime. Yes he can get out of control sometimes, but causes havoc for the other team. He has the ability to pass and works on defense

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m just watching the game right now. Usher made some great extra passes that led to open three’s. Our ball movement is so much better than early in the year.

FEWrecker

Georgia Tech Fan
Usher is playing with more control and contributed the team high 8 boards, 4 assists and one total point. He shot much better vs UNC though.
Glad to see Didenko play. Believe it is the long anticipated first game for this international mystery man played in Tech uniform.
Just keep winning, get to the big dance.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Usher is playing with more control and contributed the team high 8 boards, 4 assists and one total point. He shot much better vs UNC though.
Glad to see Didenko play. Believe it is the long anticipated first game for this international mystery man played in Tech uniform.
Just keep winning, get to the big dance.
No, Didenko has played mop up duty many times in the past. This wasn’t his first appearance.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah but we've seen games like the Miami game last year where the team was well in control and then barely pulled it out