9-4

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Back in the day, a 7 point lead in the fourth quarter was as good as a pond full of catfish. ... I intend to make this mine. ... The ACC is loaded down with good teams now and according to one"WAY TO EARLY"... preseason top 25 ranking for 2017 we could be facing as many as 5 top 25 teams. Yikes!
This is on point. Remarkable what a load of new coaches will do when those doing the hiring are less concerned about who they coached with and more about how well they coach. A lot of guuys going back on this board were wishing and wanting exactly this, and now we have what we asked for. I am putting the best spin on it and saying that at lest five of the top 25 pre-season teams have to play us. (And if experience means anything, despite losing a QB who was so exciting to watch, GT ought to be in that 25 as well.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The ACC is loaded down with good teams now and according to one"WAY TO EARLY"... preseason top 25 ranking for 2017 we could be facing as many as 5 top 25 teams. Yikes!

It may have an impact on our overall W's and L's, but for me I'll take this new world order anyday...iron sharpens iron. Better coaches attract the best players and better competition week in and week out prepares a program better for OOC games and bowls. This is why the worm has turned in the ACC/SEC head to head records over the last 3-4 years. It might be another 2-3 years before Joe Q. Public understands that the ACC has surpassed the SEC but most folks who concentrate on data rather than gather their info from the media personalities already understand this.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think GT,FSU,VT and Clemson will be ranked in the 2017 Preseason Top 25. If Deshaun Watson goes to the NFL i think Clemson falls back to probably 9-3 in 2017.
That's a good list. My only question with GT is some voters wondering which Tech team shows up: '14, '15, '16? We do have a tendency to slip backwards. As for Clemson, I am not sure. I know nobody at Clemson expects 9-3. Swinney is often the ultimate optimist, but even if he loses Watson -- not a given at this point and the NC game may decide that -- he has loads of talent. Maybe 9-3, but I would not be surprised at 10-2 or even 11-1, but I haven't looked at their schedule. I do figure that if Clemson is going to be gettable then 2017 has to be the getting year. But all those teams and Miami and maybe Pittsburgh turn the ACC into the old used-to-be SEC Wild West. Great stuff.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
That's a good list. My only question with GT is some voters wondering which Tech team shows up: '14, '15, '16? We do have a tendency to slip backwards. As for Clemson, I am not sure. I know nobody at Clemson expects 9-3. Swinney is often the ultimate optimist, but even if he loses Watson -- not a given at this point and the NC game may decide that -- he has loads of talent. Maybe 9-3, but I would not be surprised at 10-2 or even 11-1, but I haven't looked at their schedule. I do figure that if Clemson is going to be gettable then 2017 has to be the getting year. But all those teams and Miami and maybe Pittsburgh turn the ACC into the old used-to-be SEC Wild West. Great stuff.
Here's the 2017 Clemson schedule but the dates haven't been set for most of the games

Kent State
Auburn
Boston College
FSU
Wake Forest
GT
@Louisville
@NCSU
@Syracuse
@Virginia Tech
The Citadel
@South Carolina

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I think GT,FSU,VT and Clemson will be ranked in the 2017 Preseason Top 25. If Deshaun Watson goes to the NFL i think Clemson falls back to probably 9-3 in 2017.

Louisville will certainly start out ranked with the reigning Heisman trophy winner under center. Too easy for pollsters to discount GT (and Miami too) for a similar QB reasons.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Clem has a tough slate.
They do for sure. Be interesting to see where their open date falls. And to see whether despite declarations to the contrary -- no special preparation -- Clemson spends two days in August working on nothing but the spread option. We drive 'em nuts, and in '17 they might really need those two days.
Don't forget the U and UNC. Maybe Pitt!

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Louisville will certainly start out ranked with the reigning Heisman trophy winner under center. Too easy for pollsters to discount GT (and Miami too) for a similar QB reasons.
With the way Loserville crashed and burned the people who vote on the Polls may have fallen out of love with them. Here's their 2017 schedule and how I think they will finish however the dates for most of the games haven't been set. I think Loserville goes 8-4 and 4-4 in the ACC.

Purdue@Indianapolis W
Boston College W
Clemson L
Syracuse W
Virginia W
Kent State W
Murray State W
@FSU L
@NCSU L
@Wake Forest W
@North Carolina L
@Kentucky W