8/9 Georgia Tech Scrimmage

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I would think next saturday both JT and TB will be used sparingly. Need them and Laskey fresh going into week 1. The QB and BB position is brutal. I think CPJ knows who will be starting QB already.

Yeah we wont be seeing much of them next week...Same as with Laskey today.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Update on Justin Thomas....Justin felt a pull in his hamstring today....He said he was fine to keep going but the coaches didn't want to to push it.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Gary Brown, Errin Joe, CJ Leggett were a few in red today that havent been reported.

Kallon did play for those who asked.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Shaun Kagz: Great first scrimmage today. We can only go up from here. Getting better everyday! #TogetherWeSwarm

A bit conflicting there!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
CPJ says that Justin and Zach would have played if it was a game...but he said they wanted to be cautious with them.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
My impressions:

JT ran most of the first drive. Looked good.

TB came in mid drive and led them to a FG. He is a tough runner and solid QB. Looked really good on long run, picking his spots and waiting for blocks.

Jordan was up and down. Looked to heave some long throws, but definitely has potential.

Laskey didn't play. Synjyn took at least one snap at QB in short yardage.

Looked to me like there were about 40% QB runs, 40% passes and 20% other runs, options, dives, etc., i.e. Very vanilla. Some passes were typical heaves to WRs, but others were to the backs and even a screen pass.

Not a lot of great flow to the offense, but picked up a lot of first downs. A few big plays. Ran some no huddle. Some was like Clemson were they get set and then the whole offense looks to the sideline for the call. Was effective, but still pretty vanilla.

Defense seemed solid, but not spectacular. One guy who stood out, or was noticeable at least, was Beau Haskins. He was stunting a lot and blitzing at the snap, even jumped the center trying to get the QB one time. Not saying he is anything special, but just kept noticing him in the backfield a lot.

Green played, Kallon was active, but no one really took over. Did get some pressure on the QBs and had some tackles for loss, but gave up a few long plays as well. Seemed very aggressive.

JHD was there and very vocal. Don't know if he played or not.

Butker was probably 3 of 4 or so. Missed one FG that I recall from around 45-50.

I would say it was a typical GT scrimmage. Very vanilla, but you could see some guys making some plays.