790/The Zone dumps local sports programming

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The locals have moved down the dial.

Nick Cellini was/is responsible for the demise of 790 (sarcastically) and for the disaster-in-the-making that is 680. Now at 680 you've got one of the boobs making their late morning show unlistenable and, while Dimino is not a boob, he still sucks the air out of the studio that was once a decent morning show. There is nothing good on 680, IMO.

I feel sorry for Mike Bell and Dave Archer. They had a good show and hopefully they can find another gig together herein ATL.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I stopped listening as much when they fired the Stews.
I listened to Archer & Bell some, but overall they were done after the Mayhem in the AM firings.
Should have never poured that money in St Louis.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I listened to Archer & Bell some, but overall they were done after the Mayhem in the AM firings.

Pretty much agree. Even if you didn't like the Stews you have to admit their being pushed off the air was pretty bush league. Let's all hope Archer/Bell land on 92.9 so they're something, anything on that station that's listenable. I mean, how terrible is that station from top to bottom.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

I forgot about the Stews. Yes, I like them and listened. Are they still on air anywhere?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
For me personally I liked listening to Wes Durham's lunch time CFB talk when it existed, but other than that 790 bored me to tears.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I detest 680 so I'm forced to listen to 92.9.
How 790 could have botched it up this bad.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer

Weak signal. Weak lineup (liked Bell and Arch and really liked Wes and Barnhart's show. I was OK with the Stews but not for long exposures). Weak takes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

How do you take 92.9? It's historically awful in the morning and the afternoon show isn't much better.

@LongforDodd the Stews haven't returned anywhere. There was an ajc story where they interviewed Doug. He basically said they were surprised and it's not like they're asking for much money. Just haven't had an opportunity.

92.9 is dog crap. Randy Cross refused to preview the ACC since it wasn't football. Bunch of self-righteous know-nothing carpetbaggers who get airtime because they'll work for nothing. 680, while historically no fan of GT, employs locals and is entertaining. Better than 92.9, unless I wanna hear talk about Tim Tebow or the NBA. 92.9 has sucked since Jim Murray went home...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I Hate 680
I don't care about listening to UGA plea copping for 24 hours ..
I like Jamie Dukes
Carl & Kordell are both Southern (they also talk GT when someone calls in)
They actually talk hoops
The rest I can take it or leave it.
I do think they need to revamp their lineup.

Scubapro

Banned
It took way too long for the 790 ship to sink...they had the infinitely stupid self promoting Steak ... the perpetual angry a hole Cellinni(SP)...that fat guy that called himself the Kang of College football...more like the Kang of the footlong hot dog...they gave rise to the empty head of David Poe-Lock whose arse must hurt because Beau Bach kept sticking his head in it.
I could keep going...there were sooooo many reasons to hate 790.
The ONLY good show they had was Wes and Barnyard

its a real shame that Mike Bell and Dave Archer were put together well after 790 had begun to flag. I think their chemistry is fantastic. Maybe they'll find a new home.

680's had the better product for 5 yrs at least. Chuck and Chernoff, while sometimes obnoxious, are a killer duo and consistently have great segments/guests. Buck and Kincade are unlistenable. The morning show is good, and I liked their mid morning show WAY better when Steaky wasn't on. 92.9 better go find some more talent before they get run out of town, too.

Second the love for Jason Goff. Mac & Jason were phenomenal.