4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was in Athens for that game. iirc, that was the game in which ELI got hurt and completely changed the momentum of that game. Like last year's game, I think we managed to wrestle defeat from the arms of victory by squandering a 20 point lead.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was in Athens for that game. iirc, that was the game in which ELI got hurt and completely changed the momentum of that game. Like last year's game, I think we managed to wrestle defeat from the arms of victory by squandering a 20 point lead.
Ehh, it's more frustrating to lose when up big, but in reality both teams had one great half of football and one lousy half. It just so happens our great one was first. Would it have been any better if we were down 20, came all the way back to tie at the end of regulation and still lose in OT?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Ehh, it's more frustrating to lose when up big, but in reality both teams had one great half of football and one lousy half. It just so happens our great one was first. Would it have been any better if we were down 20, came all the way back to tie at the end of regulation and still lose in OT?
YES. The way it played out I got the feeling we gave the game away. If we come from behind only to lose in OT I would feel more like we did good but the best team won.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
YES. The way it played out I got the feeling we gave the game away. If we come from behind only to lose in OT I would feel more like we did good but the best team won.
Interesting psychology. Either way is the same in terms of success and failure, yards gained, yards given up, points gained, points given up. When it all happens matters most. Hmmmm... They did to us what we did to them in '08. Only difference was it didn't go into OT in '08.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Interesting psychology. Either way is the same in terms of success and failure, yards gained, yards given up, points gained, points given up. When it all happens matters most. Hmmmm... They did to us what we did to them in '08. Only difference was it didn't go into OT in '08.

True, how it is. I just know how it makes me feel. I'm just a poor loser when I think we could/should have won. It has happened recently with UGA 4 times IMO, two under Gailey and two under Johnson. Other times in that tenure the Dawgs were the superior team and I can accept the loss.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
One of the best ever at Tech, Kent Hill

1 1 a Kent Hill.jpg