680 another uga booster

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I was listening to 680 today, and they started a discussion of the UGA spring game. I didn’t catch who they were interviewing regarding it, but the subject of the off-season arrests came up. The interviewee basically stated that he was sure that Kirby impressed upon them the fact that student athletes at UGA are held to a higher standard of character than almost any the school around. There was no reaction to that from the radio staff, but I almost spit my coffee onto the windshield.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I was listening to 680 today, and they started a discussion of the UGA spring game. I didn’t catch who they were interviewing regarding it, but the subject of the off-season arrests came up. The interviewee basically stated that he was sure that Kirby impressed upon them the fact that student athletes at UGA are held to a higher standard of character than almost any the school around. There was no reaction to that from the radio staff, but I almost spit my coffee onto the windshield.

I suppose only having 3 players arrested during the off-season is an improvement for them.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Well see now, there's yer problem ...

uhm...Pretty sure she is an FSU grad...

True (iirc). Doesn't mean his statement is false.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I suppose only having 3 players arrested during the off-season is an improvement for them.
I’m pretty sure they are up to 6 or 7 so far, and there’s over 4 months to go until the season starts. They have almost double the number of players arrested since January than GT has had this entire decade.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I’m pretty sure they are up to 6 or 7 so far, and there’s over 4 months to go until the season starts. They have almost double the number of players arrested since January than GT has had this entire decade.
It’s also incredibly more difficult to get arrested in Atlanta than Athens. You have to seriously screw up in Atl where there’s cops with nothing better to do in Athens.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Why are you listening to talk radio? Don’t play their game - it’s full of morons who do 5-10 min worth of research. Educated, enlightened individuals listen to podcasts or Audible.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Why are you listening to talk radio? Don’t play their game - it’s full of morons who do 5-10 min worth of research. Educated, enlightened individuals listen to podcasts or Audible.

I'm with you on not listening to talk radio, but let's not pretend that the barrier to entry for podcasts is anything more than an internet connection and microphone.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm with you on not listening to talk radio, but let's not pretend that the barrier to entry for podcasts is anything more than an internet connection and microphone.

Haha, are we pretending like you gotta be a Rhodes Scholar to be a sportstalk radio guy?

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Haha, are we pretending like you gotta be a Rhodes Scholar to be a sportstalk radio guy?

I'm not pretending anything. All you need to be a sportstalk radio guy is someone else's microphone and their radio tower. Intelligence isn't required for radio or podcasts.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Podcasts require more deliberate engagement. You have to download individual podcasts / episodes. Talk radio is far more passive. Not to mention, podcasts (as the new entrant for listening audiences) has to actually garner advertising $$ to survive. Therefore, only the good ones survive. Whereas the incumbent (talk radio) has less of an impetus to change.