54, 60, 48, 44, 51

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Recruiting is convincing good players to come to your school and play football there. What this shows me is that CGC wasn't a good enough recruiter to convince PB to stay. How is that inaccurate? Isn't CGC supposed to be a magician recruiter?

Here we go again...

GT didn't offer the Masters Degree he wanted. For a school that prides itself on getting smart athletes, we can't be shocked when education drives their decisions...

True2GT

Georgia Tech Fan
GT didn't offer the Masters Degree he wanted. For a school that prides itself on getting smart athletes, we can't be shocked when education drives their decisions...
That's unfortunate.

In the same light, if we are going to say this guy (future recruits) won't come here because we don't offer a degree he wants, I don't see how recruiting will ever improve.

That's a hurdle at GT and it's apart of the recruiting challenge CGC must overcome.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure he’s a regular poster he just created a new account for whatever reason. He’s on the loose today that’s for sure. Ignored.
Hmmm. Who was the poster that continued to use “narrative” and “kool-aid drinkers”?

He does great fishing expeditions that’s for sure.

43,41,57,84 you know what those numbers represent.......the recruiting rankings that made up the 2014 team. On another thread a player says that was a great team that could have won the Orange bowl lining up in a pro-style offense. HMMM I thought recruiting mattered. You can't have it both ways in the discussion. I will mark this year toward the end a problem due to injuries, but we weren't banged up when we played Citadel. But let's stop trying to justify coaching issues from this year on recruiting numbers....or let's just say CPJ was one of our greatest coaches....which I believe he was.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
43,41,57,84 you know what those numbers represent.......the recruiting rankings that made up the 2014 team. On another thread a player says that was a great team that could have won the Orange bowl lining up in a pro-style offense. HMMM I thought recruiting mattered. You can't have it both ways in the discussion. I will mark this year toward the end a problem due to injuries, but we weren't banged up when we played Citadel. But let's stop trying to justify coaching issues from this year on recruiting numbers....or let's just say CPJ was one of our greatest coaches....which I believe he was.
I don’t think anyone is doubting CPJs legacy as a great coach. His ability to do “more with less” is incredible. What a lot of people are saying about CPJ though, is that he could’ve done even more with more. That’s why he had special years when he did, because those teams had tons of talent, either highly touted or surprising. There were 12 NFL draftees on the ‘08-‘09 teams, and 9 on the ‘14 team. That’s 21 of the 22 players that were drafted after playing for CPJ. So it seems like having more talent leads to better seasons, especially if you have a coach capable of utilizing talent to its full capability like CPJ was. When CPJ had a lot of talent, he won a lot of games, and when he didn’t, he didn’t win a lot of games. It’s as simple as that really. CPJ didn’t go to a bowl game 2 out of 11 years, and won 3 games one year. It’s quite obvious he still needed talent to win.

I don’t think anyone is doubting CPJs legacy as a great coach. His ability to do “more with less” is incredible. What a lot of people are saying about CPJ though, is that he could’ve done even more with more. That’s why he had special years when he did, because those teams had tons of talent, either highly touted or surprising. There were 12 NFL draftees on the ‘08-‘09 teams, and 9 on the ‘14 team. That’s 21 of the 22 players that were drafted after playing for CPJ. So it seems like having more talent leads to better seasons, especially if you have a coach capable of utilizing talent to its full capability like CPJ was. When CPJ had a lot of talent, he won a lot of games, and when he didn’t, he didn’t win a lot of games. It’s as simple as that really. CPJ didn’t go to a bowl game 2 out of 11 years, and won 3 games one year. It’s quite obvious he still needed talent to win.

Ok but the point of this entire thread is to blame CPJ for this season because of recruiting rankings. I am just pointing out that CPJ won big with even less recruiting rankings. But then you do support something I have always said. Recruiting rankings mean nothing. Look at Florida State. an 18 year old can not be measured.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
13,96,76,44 Anyone know what this numbers represent ? Not one Damn thing just like 95% of the stuff on here. Please stop this CPJ vs CGC crap and lets pull together or just go watch soccer . News Flash some people liked CPJ some didn't , some people like CGC some don't and some want to see how he does first. But in the end we all should love Tech but reading stuff on here makes one thing a lot don't.
Right now the only thing that has me pissed to the highest point of pisstivity is our fans selling tickets to uga that are too scared to show up cause some red neck will say something or bark at them. Hell bring some dog biscuits with you a throw them one if they bark.

13,96,76,44 Anyone know what this numbers represent ? Not one Damn thing just like 95% of the stuff on here. Please stop this CPJ vs CGC crap and lets pull together or just go watch soccer . News Flash some people liked CPJ some didn't , some people like CGC some don't and some want to see how he does first. But in the end we all should love Tech but reading stuff on here makes one thing a lot don't.
Right now the only thing that has me pissed to the highest point of pisstivity is our fans selling tickets to uga that are too scared to show up cause some red neck will say something or bark at them. Hell bring some dog biscuits with you a throw them one if they bark.

I will admit that of the families 6 tickets, I let a Dog fan use one. He has been one of my best friends since the 5th grade and is as big a Dog supporter as I am a Tech supporter. And the Hospital, Journalism school etc is named for his Great Grand father. But me and my kids flew in 1200 miles to support the Jackets. By the way if any one on here sits in section 107 and saw the guy with the camo bibb and the 1985 black jersey number 93 on...that was me. Would have worn the white overalls but he zipper broke.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Most of the stuff you’ve been posting has been laughable but this statement is just COMPLETELY ridiculous.

He graduated and is going to Grad school. That is an opportunity Parker decided to explore and is in no way CGC’s fault.

IMO, there was more to the PB situation than we know. It's really none of our business why PB left at this point. Just be grateful the Brauns had 2 sons who played (very well) for GT.

However, anyone that paid attention to the end of the bowl game against Minnesota could tell that PB probably played his last game for GT that day. Even if CPJ came back for 2019, PB was gone.