44-16

MarineJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Agree. Go back and watch CU vs Bama for Natty - like I did about a month ago. I think Bama got down inside the 10 3 times and came away with 0. Turned over on downs. I may be slightly off on the yardline, but if not the 10, then the 20, but we were only about as ineffective as Bama, and that will be the most talented team on both sides of the ball that we played last night.

May not be the same Clemson team as last year, but a lot of the talent returned an d they just "reloaded" the rest.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Admittedly so, I'm curious to see what Syracuse can do against Clemson this season. Eric Dungey is gone but I can't help but think that who ever they play at QB will give Clemson a tough game

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just told a friend the same thing. It was kinda expected the result. Definitely saw things we could improve upon. Clemson is what FSU was when they joined the ACC. Gonna be a while before anyone touches them except the fluke game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Admittedly so, I'm curious to see what Syracuse can do against Clemson this season. Eric Dungey is gone but I can't help but think that who ever they play at QB will give Clemson a tough game
Their QB is Tommy Devito. He's not as mobile as Dungy which is probably the biggest difference. Arguably a better passer but not much game experience.

I think people forget that in last year's game vs. Syracuse, Clemson QB Bryant left the team during game week, Lawrence was named to his first start, Lawrence got knocked out of his first start, and then Chase Brice led the comeback. Clemson muffed a punt inside their own 20 and was (-2) overall in turnovers for the game.

Expect Clemson to beat Syracuse by 3 scores, at Syracuse, provided everyone is healthy and the Orange don't have good fortune bounce their way.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'll just copy what I said before the game to expand on this point. Last year Clemson beat 3 ACC teams by more than 40 and two more by more than 30. That means last year they were more likely to win by 30+ against ACC teams than not. Since 2012 Clemson has beaten 13 ACC teams by 35 or more points. Just in general, there is a decent chance they beat 2 ACC teams this year by 35+ and we're the ones playing on the road, in a new system, with a ton of ?s.

Also, another thing people, especially need to remember is that in our first conference game after switching systems before, we scored just 19 points on 235 total yards with 3 TOs against a good team, but not Clemson level good. The transition to the triple option wasn't super smooth, and the transition out of it won't be either.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Before we give the team and coaches a pat on the back for a good loss (we got blew out only a little more worst than Bammer did), why don't we wait and see how we handle S. Fla? I wonder what kind of excuses ya'll are gonna make if S Fla hands us our ***.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Before we give the team and coaches a pat on the back for a good loss (we got blew out only a little more worst than Bammer did), why don't we wait and see how we handle S. Fla? I wonder what kind of excuses ya'll are gonna make if S Fla hands us our ***.
Lmao Funny coming from you