404 takeover with Coach Collins in Fox Sports South

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Hmm. I thought the Coaches negotiated their own show deals with broadcasters. I know that's not how games are done, but I really thought Coaches shows were done by the coaches, not the schools or leagues. And everything is negotiable. :)

No. Coaches shows are in the gt hiring contract as part of his agreement to work with gt. One of the line items for his compensation is doing xyz radio and tv shows equalling xyz revenue through an agreement with img. Other things are in the contract too other than radio and tv; addidas could be, bonus structure, country club membership etc

This was set up and signed when gt hired him and is in the gt contract.

Coaches shows are not independent entities. Img has a contract with gt and thats the main owner. Gt lends the program its coach. The coach is compensated for it as part of his overall deal

Yes everything is negotiable. Of course. When collins agent is doing the contract with gt when he was hired making sure img programs regionally are on streaming tv services is not on that list lol. The owning entity of the show is gt and img and its their duty for broadcast reach and dealing with it. Collins has no clue he is just required to do the show

It appears the show on foxss is being blocked locally. This tells me it has some conflict with local broadcast rights either with another station or img has not given the permission for the show to be on certain networks through it’s subsidiaries

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the clarification. I'll just need to misplace my misplaced anger to Todd's team, or FoxSS (too easy) or something else. But I'm still a mad bro and someone's going to pay (or at least get a strongly worded email that is full of indignation and scorn)! :grumpy:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the clarification. I'll just need to misplace my misplaced anger to Todd's team, or FoxSS (too easy) or something else. But I'm still a mad bro and someone's going to pay (or at least get a strongly worded email that is full of indignation and scorn)! :grumpy:

I really think whatever is happening is on img or maybe foxSS

GTFLETCH

Banned
Complete BS that this show is not on Youtube/Hulu/Vue... the ACCN is on those... I am not switcing back to cox to watch a 1/2 hour coaches shows... GT AD TSTAN has ****ed this up... If they want us to watch the ACCN, than these shows should be on those providers... AD TSTAN has done so much right.. I bet Mark Roundtree is the reason, just like the reason we couldn't get the extra game scheduled when UCF canx (weather reasons).... Or maybe they just do not care.... Either way this crap has to change... If you want to be like the SEC/BIG you have to not act like this...Fans should not have to fight thye School or choose the school ove th eLeagues TV channel...This is an example where GT is and we have a lot to improve on going FWD.... GET IT DONE!! By next week Coaches show!!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Complete BS that this show is not on Youtube/Hulu/Vue... the ACCN is on those... I am not switcing back to cox to watch a 1/2 hour coaches shows... GT AD TSTAN has ****ed this up... If they want us to watch the ACCN, than these shows should be on those providers... AD TSTAN has done so much right.. I bet Mark Roundtree is the reason, just like the reason we couldn't get the extra game scheduled when UCF canx (weather reasons).... Or maybe they just do not care.... Either way this crap has to change... If you want to be like the SEC/BIG you have to not act like this...Fans should not have to fight thye School or choose the school ove th eLeagues TV channel...This is an example where GT is and we have a lot to improve on going FWD.... GET IT DONE!! By next week Coaches show!!

Take a breath my friend. We can’t fix everything al at once. It takes time. The coaches show is managed through an agreement with IMG that was negotiated prior to CGC’s contract being signed. No one could have known we would be in this position where a few of the majors have not yet signed on to carry the network.

It will get sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Still unable to watch the replay on youtube tv. I understand contracts can't just be canceled (just like we had to wait for the Russell deal to expire). My only gripe is that someone affiliated with GT should have known this was the case and given us a heads up.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

I heard from a reliable source that CGC made sure that streaming services would carry his show in his contract, and then Governor Kemp called Hulu, YouTube and Playstation Friday morning and told them to black it out just to stick it people on GT message boards :)

In all seriousness, there are all kind of blackout rules with regional sports networks, and either it was in the contract between IMG and FOX Sports, or it was a mistake. Don't think there is any elaborate conspiracy to keep it from being viewed. FWIW, this has nothing to do with ACC Network.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
At least you get ACCN some of us don't

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I bet it's just blocked for us in the ATL area for streaming. Does anyone know if it is on a broadcast station in the 404/770 area? That's the only reason I could imagine why they'd block it for us over streaming otherwise.
It is. Fox sports South is considered local broadcasting but treated as above basic cable. It fell through the cracks.

Ironically everyone who left comcast and DirecTV for hulu has now lost Fox sports Souths local programming not named the Braves.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Weird. Doesn't show up for me. I am definitely logged in with my yttv, but I am not the primary account holder. That may be it.
I am logged in with Hulu. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Also its the Fox Sports Go app on Roku. Not sure if different platforms have different apps.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I watched it on Fox Sports South on my AT&T U-Verse tv. It was boring, actually. Did not learn anything new, nor of any other real significance about the team.