404 and ATL signage and logos

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Need to remove all 404 and ATL signs and logos from the scoreboards, the football field, and the football helmets and uniforms. As well as any that are still existing on the entire campus.
Why? I don't think there was anything wrong with alot of Collins' branding ideas. Emphasizing our location is still a plus, regardless of the fact that Collins was a bad coach.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I worked some with the US military in Iraq. If they had FOB's (Forward Operating Bases) that were not performing well, when a new commander came in ... they purged ALL of the previous marks and then ... put out entirely new ones. The point was "This is ours. We own it. We are responsible for it."

As long as you keep using the last group's messaging ... no one steps forward to own it.

I think Key should put his own mark on the team.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
My wife is a Cornhusker...and rumor has it he-who-shall-not-be-named may be tapped as Co-DC at Nebraska next year.

She's pretty up in arms about "If I see and of that "MONEY DOWN" sh!t on our sidelines, so help me God..."
The good news is that historically, Nebraska never cared about defense. PeeWee Herman could be a co-DC there. If Geoff wears his skinny suits, he may fit right in.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My wife is a Cornhusker...and rumor has it he-who-shall-not-be-named may be tapped as Co-DC at Nebraska next year.

She's pretty up in arms about "If I see and of that "MONEY DOWN" sh!t on our sidelines, so help me God..."
It's that Temple connection. Rhule was coach there before Collins and TFFG does have some good DC creds. I don't think you'll see any shenanigans on a Matt Rhule sideline.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I haven't worn my 404 hat in quite a long while. I just looked at it yesterday and wondered what to do with it!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm inclined to wash the stable clean on this score. I don't think we quite get how 404 and ATL became objects of fun for other fans. I can see rival recruiters using the "brands" against us, mocking the entire program.

So … get a new set of symbols or simply go back to what we already have: Buzz and the Wreck and the Whistle. They worked before, they can work again.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I haven't worn my 404 hat in quite a long while. I just looked at it yesterday and wondered what to do with it!
I wonder if the secondary markets will get flooded with that stuff. I always wanted one of these ATL and/or 404 hats but live too far away to have ever gotten my hands on one.

1669842112619.jpeg

Edit: Anyone trying to get a PFF login for some of the gear?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Why? I don't think there was anything wrong with alot of Collins' branding ideas. Emphasizing our location is still a plus, regardless of the fact that Collins was a bad coach.
We need to remove him from all memory. Block him out and bury him in the deepest depths of your mind.

Gotta yank the 404 and ATL things.

Think of it as a self-inflicted psy-ops.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
My first thought was to burn it but we paid a lot of $$$ for his elite branding so we should keep anything that actually worked. I don’t ever want to hear “money down” again though..so help me…
So what worked?
From my POV, none of it. Not the 404, not the ATL, none of it.
Did it help recruiting? Well, the best class was 2020. And of those 22-23 guys, only about half are left two years later.
So ... no.
Send it all packing.