3 Point Shooting...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
3 players do well during timed drill at the end of practice. Just aren't doing so during games.

"At the end of practices, Georgia Tech players often run through a 3-point shooting drill. Players have 90 seconds to make five 3-pointers from each of five spots on the floor..."

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Guys are not taking open 2 point shots which then leads to 3 point attempts late in the shot clock.

Its sloppy play in firstchalf of shot clock.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Guys are not taking open 2 point shots which then leads to 3 point attempts late in the shot clock.

It’s sloppy play in firstchalf of shot clock.
I mean yeah. The article is making the assumption that the looks a guys gets in practice unguarded are the same as the looks they get in a game. Most of the time we aren’t taking good shots.

However, Coleman has had a ton of good looks in games that just haven’t gone in. Tough to explain that one.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
3 players do well during timed drill at the end of practice. Just aren't doing so during games.

"At the end of practices, Georgia Tech players often run through a 3-point shooting drill. Players have 90 seconds to make five 3-pointers from each of five spots on the floor..."

It's like hitting drives on the practice range. Get in a rhythm but can't take it to the tee under pressure. Can become mental with loss in confidence.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven’t read this article, but the gist of it sounds like excuses and complete crap. I’m sure Steph Curry can can probably hit 70+% in the practice gym, but everybody knows live game action is a completely different animal. Nobody cares what you can do in an empty gym.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
There is slight correlation between the number of foul shots we take (and hit) and losing--hmmmm---especially given our 3 pt capability. -Like todays stat sheet.