3 dismissed, 1 suspended

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
On the plus side for CPJ he probably needs to succeed this year and I don’t think any of these losses besides Vad perhaps will have much effect this year. Next year we may see the repercussions of it.

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad to see LL's post above. I do know that when I played in college the team would always rally together when faced with these kind of situations. You may hate the fact that you are losing friends/teammates but it is a fleeting moment. You circle the wagons with the ones that remain and move forward. Hopefully the remaining players learn the lesson and stop the idiocy that causes them to lose teammates.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I certainly hope so. Because, as we have seen, the next step after suspension is to be kicked off the team. That is why I surmise that Lynn may have two strikes on him. I hope that whatever the problem may be, that he doesn't allow it to ruin what is the chance of a lifetime laying right before him, to get that GT degree.

I will be praying for all the young men. Apologies for my earlier comment which came out rather brusque.
One other piece of info. Lynn spoke to someone else about
I certainly hope so. Because, as we have seen, the next step after suspension is to be kicked off the team. That is why I surmise that Lynn may have two strikes on him. I hope that whatever the problem may be, that he doesn't allow it to ruin what is the chance of a lifetime laying right before him, to get that GT degree.

I will be praying for all the young men. Apologies for my earlier comment which came out rather brusque.

One other piece of info that I received. Lynn actually started beating himself up when he was speaking with a local pastor. So I am not sure it's a "got caught thing" but nevertheless he takes responsibility for whatever happened and I am pretty confident that this is it. Thanks for your prayers for him and let's all hope that the other young men get things together.

That being said. Chris will step in and do a good job. Step is very athletic but not a big hitter. Demond can slide over if needed. The first three games of the season will give some players an opportunity to gain experience. I will never say easy win but let's say expected wins. I think this will give some young with talent an opportunity to show theirs skills. Let's just hope for the best.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
One other piece of info. Lynn spoke to someone else about

One other piece of info that I received. Lynn actually started beating himself up when he was speaking with a local pastor. So I am not sure it's a "got caught thing" but nevertheless he takes responsibility for whatever happened and I am pretty confident that this is it. Thanks for your prayers for him and let's all hope that the other young men get things together.

That being said. Chris will step in and do a good job. Step is very athletic but not a big hitter. Demond can slide over if needed. The first three games of the season will give some players an opportunity to gain experience. I will never say easy win but let's say expected wins. I think this will give some young with talent an opportunity to show theirs skills. Let's just hope for the best.
Oh forgot to include that he was speaking with the pastor two weeks ago.

I think y'all are overreacting...everything happens for a reason and this was probably best for the team. Pick your head up. Next man up.

It is not like we just threw Morgan Burnett or Derrick Morgan off the team a month before the season starts. Griffin gets to sit and think for two games that are at least winnable. In that regard the suspension is somewhat SEC-esque, no biggie. We get a golden opportunity to give others some playing time. Somewhere we might uncover a Jemea-in-the-rough. It could happen.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you think any of our depth at OL will switch to DT this Fall camp? For example, if Errin Joe can't get into shape for OT, mightn't we use him to wear-out some centers trying to move him around?

This might be a long shot, but what about Gary Brown moving to DT? Other than Klock, he seems to be the best fit to do so from the 2014 class. I know he is only in the 6'-1" or 6'-2" range but he is solid and from what I hear has a mean streak. Any chance of this, Eric?

I have smoked pot back when I was in college and if they legalize it, I may smoke it again occasionally. Until and if they do that, I won't do it.

However, I do believe this issue (pot) will become a non-issue within 6 - 8 years at the outside, because by that time, it will likely be legal in all 50 states.

The issue is NOT marijuana use. The issue is adhering to the rules. Our team has a rule. We expect you to follow said rule. If you don't, sayonara. We have a bunch of rules. You follow them, you do not have the luxury of picking and choosing which ones you would like to follow and which ones are a pain in your patoot.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This might be a long shot, but what about Gary Brown moving to DT? Other than Klock, he seems to be the best fit to do so from the 2014 class. I know he is only in the 6'-1" or 6'-2" range but he is solid and from what I hear has a mean streak. Any chance of this, Eric?

I don't think there's a shot.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if serious
Alcohol and drugs are alot more prevelent than some are willing to admit. If youve never done either, you are in the minority unfortunately. I agree that repeated offenses should warrant suspensions. But dismissal should be the LAST option. Drug/Alcohol treatment must atleast be attempted before kicking a player off the team. Just telling an addict to not do something or else, doesnt work and is counter-productive.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Alcohol and drugs are alot more prevelent than some are willing to admit. If youve never done either, you are in the minority unfortunately. I agree that repeated offenses should warrant suspensions. But dismissal should be the LAST option. Drug/Alcohol treatment must atleast be attempted before kicking a player off the team. Just telling an addict to not do something or else, doesnt work and is counter-productive.

Totally disagree. Three chances are plenty. If not, you are not serious. Rules apply to everyone and if you cannot comply you do not belong.

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow

This is not a case of addiction, these are players that like to get high every now and then but are foolish enough to think they won't get caught.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
He went on to say that he received calls from James and Jeremiah who shared something's that they experienced. They told him that they will be checking on him more often. A former GT DB called him and told him that it is not over and to get up and move on learn from this. play.
Wow, this is pretty awesome. Love it when I see support from former players!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Even if it is legalized, smoking it still makes you high, and if you can be disciplined for being drunk, you sure as hell will still be able to be disciplined for being high.
Super... You know my backstory. Or I atleast gave you a brief synopsis of it. They would have to do a blood test every so many minutes and/or hours to prove whether someone is high or not. Its not as easy as alcohol. From personal experience... I would much rather somebody smoke pot than drink alcohol. Unless its your 1st time or 2 smoking pot... It doesnt have a HUGE affect like D.A.R.E would lead you to believe. Drunk people get enraged, cant walk, can barely drive. High people may go 30mph in a 55mph zone and not realize it because they are trying to be overly careful due to slight paranoia. Just my 2 cents. Everybody is addicted to 1 thing or another, our brains are hardwired to do so. I challenge some of you to try and quit whatever vice you may have. Its much more difficult than just using will power.

thwgjacket

All three were kicked off for failing a drug test after they had already failed one before. I don't know if Lynn Griffin was the same thing but I was told that the three kicked off were for multiple weed offenses. Told it would "wake the rest of them up."