3 dismissed, 1 suspended

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'd rather lose talent than have the inmates run the asylum. No doubt we were counting on Commisong. The other 2 not so much. Griffen better get his head on straight. He is another good talent IMO.
Gotta have clear rules and all have to be held to same standard. Otherwise chaos, discontent, and bad character will take over. This could be addition by subtraction in the long run.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
At least we can sell "chance for immediate playing time" to some stud DE's. If it doesn't work now it never will.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Smh, I'm 17 and I am around and offered drugs all the time but I just say No and tell them that I have more important things to do and I'm trying to go somewhere(college via scholarship) . It sucks that we lose Darius but Henry is not really that big of a deal...now he has time to be a father. And Autry hurts but we have a lot of good depth there, and it opens the door for others(Jenue, Messick, etc)

slugboy

Staff member
It says dismissed from the team for violations of the GTAA S-A code of conduct. That doesn't say anything about being dismissed from GT. Have they been kicked out of school or just off the team? If it's just off the team, was the offense so egregious that there's no chance of reconciliation? I'd hate to see these guys get totally jacked if they could be rehabilitated.
The institute has a pretty strong code of conduct as well. It would have to be pretty limited set of infractions to keep you in school but off of the team.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I know someone (really, I know how this sounds, but I do) who knows what happened. He is bound by an ethical code not to tell. All he would say was that what they did "was really stupid." I know that leaves lots of room for speculation but I am content to take his word for it and say that these guys just didn't have their heads on straight given their role at the school.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The institute has a pretty strong code of conduct as well. It would have to be pretty limited set of infractions to keep you in school but off of the team.
Agree, I was thinking it may have been cheating in school, but that would have involved the school's code.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Not to hijack the thread, but cases like this make me more convinced that it would be horrible to give players any type of payment. There would be many more cases of kids getting in trouble if they had more money to go blow on a good time.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You don't get kicked off the team for drug use. And if you do that's just bad policy in my opinion. You will never win like that. I know a bunch of people are all about the high road character wise, I am to a certain extent, but of you want to seriously win you can't kick people off for drug use. I think CPJ knows that, I think it's more than just this.

Matt E

GT Athlete
You don't get kicked off the team for drug use. And if you do that's just bad policy in my opinion. You will never win like that. I know a bunch of people are all about the high road character wise, I am to a certain extent, but of you want to seriously win you can't kick people off for drug use. I think CPJ knows that, I think it's more than just this.

My understanding is that on the 3rd drug violation you re kicked off the team.