3 dismissed, 1 suspended

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
By my count list is Vad Lee, Morgan Bailey, Anthony Autry, Darius Commissioning, Travin Henry, Kevin Robbins, Jabari Hunt Days, Travis Custis, Anthony Williams, Justin Akins.

Am I missing any?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Wow just wow...............CPJ and CTG must be besides themselves. Damn.

I hate for the team and I especially hate for the young men involved but they know right from wrong.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
So does anyone know which players still on the roster are currently facing a two game suspension? Not players who are no longer on the team.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, the team was talking about how there's better chemistry this year. Ahem..

Sometimes, the situation is so terrible you have to laugh at it.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
This is why I don't throw stones at UGA regarding player conduct. That pendulum can easily swing. Anyway feel for these guys but they made their bed I guess. What is the procedure regarding discipline for players does anyone know? Like is there counseling for drug abuse ect?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The only rule is do right. These guys have done wrong. If you follow Commissong and Henry on Twitter you could pick up that they both were discontented/unhappy with something. You could kind of see this coming with those two. I am a bit more surprised with Autry. After going through rehab you would think his commitment was pretty complete. I don't see Myles as a long term player for us for a number of reasons. This just adds to that list in my mind.

We will just have to move some guys around. Make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t!

Go Jackets!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
By my count list is Vad Lee, Morgan Bailey, Anthony Autry, Darius Commissioning, Travin Henry, Kevin Robbins, Jabari Hunt Days, Travis Custis, Anthony Williams, Justin Akins.

Am I missing any?

That's a lot of attrition .
Is there a way they can work themselves back or was it that deep and final?
Depth takes a huge hit. That's outstanding for one off season.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We just cannot catch a lucky break. I guess we are going to get to see what Kallon can do after all.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
"We will just have to move some guys around. Make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t!"

That is the right attitude and the one I expect from a school of engineers. :)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The notice specifically referred to the GTAA Code of Conduct. There aren't many things these guys could have done to warrant these sanctions without it being in the police blotter or against the GT Code of Conduct. Sounds like this has been brewing for a while, so it probably happened a while ago.

It also says in the GTAA CoC that the S-A is free to return to the team once the sanctions have expired, so it's possible they could come back (but probably doubtful).

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was curious about the "Athletic Association's student-athlete code of conduct" as referenced in the GTAA press release.

I found the Code of Conduct. It only talks about getting arrested that I can tell.http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...2-13/misc_non_event/sa_codeofconduct_5_12.pdf
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...2-13/misc_non_event/sa_codeofconduct_5_12.pdf

I also found the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...3/misc_non_event/drug_alcohol_policy_0512.pdf

From what I read, we don't hear about the first offense, the second offense is the 20% suspension for the season, and the third offense is dismissal.

As disappointed as I am in the losses to the team, it really is up the student athlete to make good decisions. If you have already been caught twice, why would you think you might escape detection? Hopefully these young men will learn from this for their future endeavors.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I s
Darius Commissiong, Anthony Autry and Travin Henry gone.

Lynn Griffin suspended first two games.
I just spoke with his dad. He was livid but once he got the details he backed off a little. He is on his way to Florida to confront someone. He actually drove to GT last night to put foot in his behind. I called the entire time to calm him down. What happened to Lynn actually happened to me in college. I was green. I can't give any other details but trust me it does not justfy anything but you will understand if you knew the details. His dad does not except any excuses. Guys just encourage the young man. He has called everyone in tears but he accepts his punishment. I am disappointed but I think Lynn is beating himself up far more than we could.

BTGT

Georgia Tech Fan
A lot of you need to quit your whining. Y'all sound like a bunch of pansies. Be glad there are some standards that are being kept and leaders willing to safeguard them. If you haven't noticed, society needs a few these days. Secondly, a little pruning can improve later growth. Cheer for the guys that have done right and stop wishing for success with those that don't. I can remember many tech teams that were fun to watch and played exciting football with poorer athletes as starters than the ones on the team now.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I s

I just spoke with his dad. He was livid but once he got the details he backed off a little. He is on his way to Florida to confront someone. He actually drove to GT last night to put foot in his behind. I called the entire time to calm him down. What happened to Lynn actually happened to me in college. I was green. I can't give any other details but trust me it does not justfy anything but you will understand if you knew the details. His dad does not except any excuses. Guys just encourage the young man. He has called everyone in tears but he accepts his punishment. I am disappointed but I think Lynn is beating himself up far more than we could.

All these guys were together when said incident or whatever occurred ??

And good for the dad .. That's a drive coming from Jacksonville.