3 dismissed, 1 suspended

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
OK, it was already beyond ridiculous, too many hits for a team that is already at a disadvantage on so many levels.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Sounds more like they "shot themselves". Horrific news but I hope we took the acts by standing up for what is right.

My thinking exactly, that they did something wrong and it caught up to them or they got caught. Good luck to them in future endeavors.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
if you are dismissed from the program, you are no longer on scholarship and 99 out of 100 leave the school cuz can't afford it or want to play elsewhere. You can just bank on they are goners. this isn't you aren't on the football team, but you still have a scholarship so hang around cuz we may change our mind

this is you have been given chances before, we are fed up, get your arse out since you don't want to play by our rules. Period
I didn't even see that in innuendo. There have been guys who screwed up and were kicked off the team for a year (suspended: William Bell) for breaking the rules and were allowed back on. This wreaks of repeat cannabis violations (I have no idea, pure speculation). Griffin got popped first time, 10% suspension, the rest were booted for multiple infractions. Does anyone know the repercussions for positive drug test/multiple positive drug tests?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If they were dismissed it was something big they did and new the risks before doing it. It's a shame on many levels. Hurts the team and the individuals. Hope they learn something that helps on later in life. Hope this opens up opportunities for guys who are playing by the rules.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
darius commissiong is a big loss folks. Geez he was starting caliber DT for us in a year or 2.

I mean we are losing DTs like left and right.

what about the kids on this program right now don't get it? It seems like we have had too many.
beat me to it... expected him to contribute some this year then play even more next...

oh well...

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
darius commissiong is a big loss folks. Geez he was starting caliber DT for us in a year or 2.

I mean we are losing DTs like left and right.

what about the kids on this program right now don't get it? It seems like we have had too many.

Almost beyond belief that ANOTHER DL is gone.AGAIN where are the guys who said we didn't need to recruit more DLs last yr.
This is a terrible indictment on the recruiting BS that although our boys may not be that talented they will make up for it with "character".Those 50th ranked recruit classes are starting to look even worse.
Wow.was it just last week on a thread concerning "expectations for Fall" or something,I said my only hope was that we didn't lose anymore guys before games start. btw-odds are,there will be more gone also for whatever reason.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So, that's a WR, DT, and a DE gone from the team. What does this mean for recruiting this year? This is another hit to that 14-player 2013 Class (down to 9 left).

Does this change who we take this year? Do we open the DE recruiting back?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Almost beyond belief that ANOTHER DL is gone.AGAIN where are the guys who said we didn't need to recruit more DLs last yr.
This is a terrible indictment on the recruiting BS that although our boys may not be that talented they will make up for it with "character".Those 50th ranked recruit classes are starting to look even worse.
Wow.was it just last week on a thread concerning "expectations for Fall" or something,I said my only hope was that we didn't lose anymore guys before games start. btw-odds are,there will be more gone also for whatever reason.
Is there something you know or is this just your pessimism showing through?