3:30 kickoff for FSU and UCF

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm with dish...…..I don't think we're getting abc. what the next best option.

Are you in Atlanta? Locast has the local Atlanta stations. You have to pay a $5 donation per month for nag-free viewing, but it is an inexpensive way to get local stations. If you don't want to donate to them, you can watch but it will stop about every 15 minutes.

If you are close enough to town, you can use rabbit ears, or a small antenna connected directly to your TV. If an antenna works for you, I believe you can get an OTA adapter from Dish and watch on the Dish receiver and use the DVR for the OTA channels.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Heh. It's 2020. It wouldn't surprise me if we were 3/0 after two games. It's been that kind of year.
I actually think if we beat FSU I think we could easily be 4-0 going into the Clemson game.

FSU - W
UCF - have a lot of players sitting out so I think we can win - W
Syracuse- They are just bad from what I remember last year - W
Lousiville - They are good, but play ND the week after so I think they will be looking ahead wanting revenge for last year and we will sneak up on them - W

4-0 when we play Clemson.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I actually think if we beat FSU I think we could easily be 4-0 going into the Clemson game.

FSU - W
Lousiville - They are good, but play ND the week after so I think they will be looking ahead wanting revenge for last year and we will sneak up on them - W

Mind=rite

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our fanbase can be so funny sometimes. Who knows? With covid and all the other craziness, I guess anything is possible, but I would be extremely surprised if we improved enough to beat FSU (with their current coach) and even Louisville (Satterfield is a great coach). I do think we should beat UCF, but Syracuse will probably be a 50-50 game. We can win, but we may not. I am going to be very happy if we win 5. I think 4 is more likely, but anything more I will consider a success. And, of course, that assumes we even get to play most of the games.

I will admit that if the O line surprises and is stout, more wins might be possible.

I guess my mind does not equal rite. :) I tend to be a fan/alum and a realist at the same time.

Last edited:

FSU - W

Based on all the negative news coming from NY over the past few months, frankly I doubt the Syracuse game even gets played.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

FSU - W

Syracuse has been decisively better than us the last 2 years, and we're playing at their place.

There are rumblings of 'Cuse players opting out that haven't been officially announced to my knowledge, as well as injuries on the OL that will affect their depth end of Sept.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Syracuse has been decisively better than us the last 2 years, and we're playing at their place.

There are rumblings of 'Cuse players opting out that haven't been officially announced to my knowledge, as well as injuries on the OL that will affect their depth end of Sept.
they may have been better than us last year but they were still pretty terrible

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
6F78552E-0721-4412-A65A-8893D7F22E4B.jpeg

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
they may have been better than us last year but they were still pretty terrible
Not sure I would say terrible at 5-7 but certainly not good. The point being, like nearly every other ACC team, they were decisively better than us. With a returning starting QB who was decent year 1.
Anybody else suspect CuseJacket has been playing the real real long game just to troll us?

Just kidding Cuse, keep up the good work. Please don't ban me.
Hah! You caught me.

The only reason I single them out in my replies without referencing the other teams we "should" beat is because I'm most familiar with them out of all of our opponents in terms of what they were last year and what they have coming back. Then, unfortunately, remembering clearly what we were last year. Reality is we (GT) were decisively worse than every ACC team, save for NC State. So the assumption that we should beat anyone this year is based on not much more than hope... and maybe recruiting rankings. Other teams tried to improve during the offseason too.

Just my way of sharing expectations. If Vegas is correct and our o/u is 2.5 wins, there will either be a lot of rich GT fans (who could help GT by donating their winnings to the GTAA) or a lot of disappointment. I'm still optimistic we beat that threshold if we get a full season, but it's largely based on hope given we have seen nothing on the field yet.