2nd year in a row Tech starts 1-3.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'd hate to be a rising senior in any sport where the HC leaves after your junior season.
Hmm. Please define for us how any coach can thus leave a program ... after any academic season. Quit, retire, get fired, die ... there is always a junior class left. Or am I hallucinating?

99in99

Georgia Tech Fan
Huh? This is always going to happen to somebody. Coaches get fired, retire, die, or whatever and then they leave the team behind. That’s how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was responding to user Skeptic, who said he'd hate to be a senior on a team whose coach told them they were tanking it. I doubt any coach has ever told any team that in the history of sports though. Hyperbole seems to be in effect in lots of these threads lol.

99in99

Georgia Tech Fan
Nobody is even suggesting we run TO stuff, but there are plenty of run-oriented offenses that P-nut is totally ignoring.

CGC is clearly not installing a run-oriented offense though so why waste time putting something into place that's temporary only? We are having enough issues blocking for whatever he's trotting out there now. Switching to another one...well, I guess it can't get much worse than 0 pts, can it lol?

Still, I think it's clear by now that he won't be switching to a run-oriented scheme at this point. Might as well hope our OL figures out whatever CBK is trying to instill because we won't be returning to a run-heavy scheme anytime soon, fwiw.

99in99

Georgia Tech Fan
Hmm. Please define for us how any coach can thus leave a program ... after any academic season. Quit, retire, get fired, die ... there is always a junior class left. Or am I hallucinating?

Who's "us"? You made the strange remark that you'd "... hate to be a senior and be told we are tanking this season..." My response was simple enough to understand.

Have our Seniors been told this? Has any football coach in any program in the history of the sport told that to his Senior class?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. We'd like to know where CGC told the team he's tanking it.

Animal02

Banned
CGC is clearly not installing a run-oriented offense though so why waste time putting something into place that's temporary only? We are having enough issues blocking for whatever he's trotting out there now. Switching to another one...well, I guess it can't get much worse than 0 pts, can it lol?

Still, I think it's clear by now that he won't be switching to a run-oriented scheme at this point. Might as well hope our OL figures out whatever CBK is trying to instill because we won't be returning to a run-heavy scheme anytime soon, fwiw.
So you are in favor of losing know in the hope of winning later......that is simply stupid.

99in99

Georgia Tech Fan
So you are in favor of losing know in the hope of winning later......that is simply stupid.

"know" lol.

It doesn't matter what you or I are in favor of, though desiring to run a scheme that destined for the dustbins of our program in order to maybe - MAYBE - make it back to Detroit at best is short-sighted. If you've watched us these first 4 games, you know I'm right: We aren't going back to a run-first scheme and I'm guessing that is what bothers you the most.