GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Listen I get that.

But I think we should make a big deal about Calvin Johnson. We should hang his jersey. We should have him on the field at half time. We should use this because it can help the program.

/
it's only a matter of time.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Agreed 100%
He's probably the most talented and most known player that has come out of tech in the last 30 years or more. My friends that are SEC homer jive turkeys respect him more than anyone out of the ACC in recent memory. Everyone and their brother should know that he went to Tech and GT should be screaming it from the mountain tops.
I 2nd this^^^^^ why we arent all over Calvin and now Bay Bay is beyond me. I can honestly say that most people probably have no clue that these 2 future HOFs played football for Georgia Tech. Which is pretty damn sad if you ask me. Make a freaking commercial that plays throughout the southeast with former Tech greats wearing a jersey thats half GT half NFL team. Come up with something clever that also includes the importance of education and why they chose the school they did. Put statistics of college players making it big time and how unlikely it is. Just my 2 cents

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I 2nd this^^^^^ why we arent all over Calvin and now Bay Bay is beyond me. I can honestly say that most people probably have no clue that these 2 future HOFs played football for Georgia Tech. Which is pretty damn sad if you ask me. Make a freaking commercial that plays throughout the southeast with former Tech greats wearing a jersey thats half GT half NFL team. Come up with something clever that also includes the importance of education and why they chose the school they did. Put statistics of college players making it big time and how unlikely it is. Just my 2 cents

AMEN,BROTHER!

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally, I like that we only have one retired number. It reminds us that the players are people who are more than just their performance on the football field.

But... if they were going to retire another one, Calvin would be it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Personally, I like that we only have one retired number. It reminds us that the players are people who are more than just their performance on the football field.

First of all, we gotta change the title of this thread. It's probably throwing half the board off thinking we picked up another commit.

Regarding retired numbers, I'm sure Little Joe would agree with you but I'd love to see #14 get some recognition too.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

I don't think Calvin Johnson has his degree yet, but I could be wrong . Till that happens I doubt his number would be retired.