2023 Gt Schedule - better, about the same or as bad as in the CPJ era

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Some points for discussion
Comes out this weekend.

I love the single page chart that shows whole season for the whole conference.

Why is the ACC schedule released later than other conference schedule? Who benefits.

In 22 we dreaded the tough series of end of year away games against tougher teams. . Those games turned out as cause to dump TFG for interim coach.
Because they were tough and because the interim coach did well, we have a good set up for 23.

I bet that FSU and Mia have easy game or bye before there match up.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
FCS, G5, P5/ND, 8 ACC, Dawgs

The typical yearly schedule. Thankfully our G5 is Bowling Green rather than one of the best G5's in the country (UCF) this time. We have a pretty tough P5 non-con @Ole Miss. The ACC schedule is a little different now that we dropped conferences. I don't really foresee a world where we ever finish Top 2 and head to Charlotte, at least until all the powerhouses leave for the SEC or B1G. We could be winning the conference after Week 1, which is fun. Can't remember the last time we saw ourselves 1st in the ACC standings. 2017 when we started out 2-0 I guess?

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Some points for discussion
Comes out this weekend.

I love the single page chart that shows whole season for the whole conference.

Why is the ACC schedule released later than other conference schedule? Who benefits.

In 22 we dreaded the tough series of end of year away games against tougher teams. . Those games turned out as cause to dump TFG for interim coach.
Because they were tough and because the interim coach did well, we have a good set up for 23.

I bet that FSU and Mia have easy game or bye before there match up.

My paranoia is about to show! However, I believe the Order of opponents and Off Weeks will be determined by the wishes of the following Schools in this order:

Duke--NC--UVA--Clemson--FSU--Northern Tier--Rest of us.

I base my reasoning on the 3 permanent teams each of the schools received. I will start with Duke getting all 3 North Caronia schools as permanent??
Then NC with NCS, Duke, and UVA. FSU with Miami, Clemson, and (Syracuse?) Pitt with Syracuse, BC, and VT.

I feel like GT, WF, and Louisville were in the Leftover category. Maybe I am being too sensitive!! I do realize we were able to maintain Clemson as an old rival.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’ve noticed we have a unfilled date for September 23.
That’s coming off the trip to Ole Miss between the BGSU game. Hopefully the acc doesn’t screw us and send us to Clemson or Miami that weekend. I doubt it’s a bye week. Hopefully we get a Syracuse, BC at BDS or trip to Uva in that spot.
If the schedule works in our favor, we could be 4-1 heading into October.
3-2 isn’t bad but Anything worse and it could be a bumpy road this year.

Louisville will be tough to open but I think losing Cunningham and going through the learning of an entirely new staff is an advantage for us. We’ve had 8 games with CBK last year and the defensive staff stayed in tact for the most part. Which is big considering what we lost on that side.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I’ve noticed we have a unfilled date for September 23.
That’s coming off the trip to Ole Miss between the BGSU game. Hopefully the acc doesn’t screw us and send us to Clemson or Miami that weekend. I doubt it’s a bye week. Hopefully we get a Syracuse, BC at BDS or trip to Uva in that spot.
If the schedule works in our favor, we could be 4-1 heading into October.
3-2 isn’t bad but Anything worse and it could be a bumpy road this year.

Louisville will be tough to open but I think losing Cunningham and going through the learning of an entirely new staff is an advantage for us. We’ve had 8 games with CBK last year and the defensive staff stayed in tact for the most part. Which is big considering what we lost on that side.
While we are not going thru an entirely new staff we have a majority new staff as well so the new staff advantage should be minimal at best. Brohm is a proven coach. 30-10 at Western Kentucky and 36-34 at Purdue. They will be a tough game. Likely a toss up game on the books.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
My prediction
vs. Louisville (CFA KICKOFF GAME)
SC State
@ Ole Miss
@ Clemson
Bowling Green
North Carolina
BYE WEEK
@ Miami
Syracuse
Boston College
@ Virginia
Georgia

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My prediction
vs. Louisville (CFA KICKOFF GAME)
SC State
@ Ole Miss
@ Clemson
Bowling Green
North Carolina
BYE WEEK
@ Miami
Syracuse
Boston College
@ Virginia
Georgia
I like this one so I can complain about @Clem even though we loose no matter when we play. They probably have a bye!

Do love the bye between unc and mia!

Add Wake F for 12?

A few years ago we ran into a bunch of good qb wr combinations. This year we at least have a chance of their qbs being busts or at same level as ours.

Win 2 easy games. Go 0 of 3 (clem, ole miss, uga) against really mega p5.
Gut out 1 of 2 ( unc mia ) real p5 who are down.

Go 50% on remaining 6 because we are gt.
6-6 would be fine

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm excited about tonight but here is my 2 cents:

vs Louisville
vs SC State
@ Ole Miss
@ Clemson
vs Bowling Green
BYE WEEK
vs Syracuse
@ Virginia
vs Boston College
@ Wake Forest
vs North Carolina
@Miami
vs ugag

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited about tonight but here is my 2 cents:

vs Louisville
vs SC State
@ Ole Miss
@ Clemson
vs Bowling Green
BYE WEEK
vs Syracuse
@ Virginia
vs Boston College
@ Wake Forest
vs North Carolina
@Miami
vs ugag
This is probably the worst schedule possible, so this has to be the one we will get! :mad:

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
This is probably the worst schedule possible, so this has to be the one we will get! :mad:
I did my best to put myself in the mindset of the crooks up in the ACC office and that's what I came up with. Believe me, I'm all for having a better schedule, but we always get screwed so I've given up hope of getting any favors...

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry to interupt this thread. But I'm new to the board, and have trouble distinguishing between "latest" and "new" posts Please clear it up for me?